• Breaking News

    Friday, April 16, 2021

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] A moment of calm by のこのこ

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] A moment of calm by のこのこ


    [NO SPOILERS] A moment of calm by のこのこ

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 06:54 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] That's not supposed to happen...

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 10:22 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Chloe portrait by CoolThino01

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 07:07 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] OUR COWBOY CHLOEEEEEEEEE (still in progress )

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 05:41 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Just finished reading this and I already can’t wait for volume 5.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 11:59 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Just wanted to thank Dontnod for the mobile port of LiS

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 11:52 AM PDT

    I don't have a gaming pc but i could still play this masterpiece on my mobile phone just fine. Pro tip : get a controller to get the true LiS experience :) Waiting for LiS2 on mobile now !

    submitted by /u/trashcluster
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] I fixed Chloe's lips and I think it's good. What do you think?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 11:23 AM PDT

    [ALL] Anyone sees similarities between Ryan from True Colors and a character from The Walking Dead Game?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 09:55 AM PDT

    [No Spoilers] Chloe Price fanart by Drasik29

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 03:04 AM PDT

    [ALL] Finally played LiS2 here's my thoughts

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 08:19 PM PDT

    A few years ago I made post about playing LiS1, so I thought I'd post for LiS2 so at the very least I'd have a record of it.

    Overall I really loved it. The characters are great, the settings are gorgeous, the dialog was improved, and exploration felt so good. But it didn't quite hit the same as LiS1. I kinda expected to sob for days like I did at the end of LiS1 but I didn't quite get there. I kinda missed the slice of life and mystery elements of LiS1, LiS2 is just tragedy and running from the get go. I wish we could've seen more from the side characters at the end, but I get why its focused on the brothers.

    I loved the LiS1 references and how the LiS1 music played during them it was such a hit to the feels. I was kinda aware that David was in the game but I didn't even recognize him until halfway through the conversation. Exploring his trailer and then hearing him have an actual Father-Daughter conversation with Chloe was so great and gave me so many feels.

    Some stand out moments: Meeting the racist gas station owner was kinda eye opening, it didn't even click that it was a racist thing for awhile since that's not something I ever experienced personally. Reconnecting with Karen was so good, saying goodbye at Away was one of the most emotional parts for me. It was great seeing Chris and his dad doing well after Captain Spirit (well apart from that whole car situation). Anything with Cassidy was amazing she's so great, I wish there was more with her.

    Also where are all these souvenirs? I only found like one or two each episode. I thought I looked pretty thoroughly but maybe not haha.

    I'm so hype for True Colors and the remasters!

    submitted by /u/swman3
    [link] [comments]

    [BTS] Life is Strange Before the Storm Best Episode Final Round (Remember to vote for your LEAST FAVORITE EPISODE)

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 07:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to final round of BTS! Last round we eliminated the bonus episode Farewell with a bare 3 vote margin over Awake. It was eliminated margin of 39.6%! we finished up season 1 with Chaos Theory being eliminated with 50.5% of the vote meaning Episode 4 Dark Room is the winning episode from season 1! Polarized was the first episode to be eliminated. For the next 3 days will we go through Before the storm and determine the best episode from it! Vote for your LEAST FAVORITE EPISODE you have 24 hours to vote

    Season 1 Winner: Dark Room

    Eliminated

    Hell is Empty- 57.6%

    Farewell-39.6%

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Zer0Sum12
    [link] [comments]

    [S2] Just finished LiS 2 for the first time...

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 11:31 PM PDT

    Sorry for the long post, I have like no one to talk with about this so here I am to post to the only people who can relate. Should kinda be obvious, but SPOILERS. If that's not your jam, just skip all of this.

    I have been sitting on LiS 2 since about the day it released. I was (am) in love with OG LiS and couldn't wait for the sequel. But alas, I just couldn't get into it. What do you mean I don't have powers? Who is this annoying, whiny teenager? This is not what I want.

    Dear readers, I was wrong...so wrong. I got the itch to play after seeing the trailer for True Colors (so stoked) but instead of chillaxing with Max (never Maxine) for the 5th? 6th? time, I told myself I need to finish numero dos. And shit am I glad I did.

    Listen, I am one of those old people that had to play each episode of LiS as it came out. (I did my waiting! 12 years of it!) It will always be my first and favorite. I will never tire of bumming around Arcadia Bay. But Sean and Daniel's story did one thing sooooooo much better. It made me FEEL.

    Like holy fuck, my feelings. Let's break them down. For context, I chose Bae>Bay.

    Ep. 1: To me, the "weakest" episode. Don't get me wrong; Esteban's death, lying to Daniel, playing the role of brother and father and not knowing how...it's got it's moments. But to me it didn't really hit a stride until Brody showed (fuck that shopkeep). I was totally ready for him to be some creeper but oh geez...none of the rest of the game would have happened if not for Brody's simple acts of kindness, not to mention the clutch advice to a spiraling Sean. (Hello Arcadia Bay...I'm sorry)

    Ep. 2: Ah, Beaver Creek. Home of the mysterious "Mom" and the infamous Captain Spirit. Once again, expectations subverted (kinda) with the intro of actual caring grandparents. Was totally prepared for some old conservative white people not welcoming their dirty mexican grandkids. Instead got some wholesome "let's go play some model trains." I loved the acknowledgement that Stephen and Claire fully understood the ramifications of their actions but said fuck it because "hey, these are our grandkids." Stephen totally wins the wholesome award. But let's not forget Chris. From the moment he fell out of the tree, I knew this wouldn't end well. Obviously, this is LiS and nothing is set in stone, but I knew. Let me tell you, when that cop hit him with the car, I had to step away.

    Ep. 3: Hey, the hippy chick is back! Finn is trying to steal my brother from me, but I don't care as much as I probably should because I finally have an excuse to not be around him 24/7. Daniel is being a shit, but I get it. It frustrates the hell out of me, but I get it. It also frustrates the hell out of me because THIS IS A GAME AND I CAN'T GO IN AND SAVE THE DAY BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING BUT POOR SEAN JUST DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL. my emotions...As soon as I got back from the lake with Cass and didn't see Daniel sitting by the fire, I knew. Fucking Finn. I didn't really want him to die though. And my eye! I lost an eye! (honorable mention to D.A.N.C.E. by Justice and Natalie by Milk and Bone. Those songs made that episode.)

    Ep. 4: Or as I like to call it, "Sean gets the shit kicked out of him for a week." Let's hear it for Joey, guys. Da real MVP. He wouldn't help me escape, but I get it, man. Fuck those hicks in Nevada. And really, REALLY fuck that cult bullshit. Let me tell you, I wanted to kick the shit out of Jacob. I was ready to kick the shit out of Jacob. But...he kept Daniel safe (mostly). And poor Sarah Lee. Dude just wanted to help his sister. I can get behind that. I think this was my favorite episode. At least for me, this was when Sean really resolved to whatever it takes to keep Daniel safe. It led to him reconnecting with Karen. It also led to him shooting that fucking bitch Lisbeth, but...better it be me than make Daniel do something like that.

    Ep. 5: Oh god...for once on this rollercoaster, life is good. Away is the kind of place I fantasize about living. Just get away from it all. And while I am waiting for the other shoe to drop, fucking David Madsen shows up. My heart...then I got to see inside his trailer and found the picture of Chloe and Max. MY HEART...and then he answers a phone call from Chloe with "sweetie." I just...I can't. I'm glad it worked out for you, bud. But, there's a rule that LiS games can't go longer than 5 minutes without something bad happening so of course Daniel gets FUCKING SHOT. The racism in this game adds to the drama excellently and is also heartbreaking because this shit isn't fiction. The cop seemed alright. Then we go pedal to the metal. Jail break and on the road...until the road block. Let me tell you I sat for 10 minutes trying to rationalize each choice. It was...hard. *MAJOR END SPOILER* I finally chose to surrender. Daniel gets a chance at a real life and we can finally stop running. Except Daniel said fuck that and crashed that roadblock. They did it. They made it. Except...Sean took a bullet to the neck and just bled out. Jaw dropped, had to pause and recover. I just...yeah.

    This game, man. If you read this far, thanks. I just needed to get it out.

    submitted by /u/chvrchesnotchurches
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] I went right to the source to learn more about the “get off yer hoss” quote from the new comic:

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 02:07 PM PDT

    [ALL] I got another friend to play BtS first. It’s hilarious lmfao

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 01:41 AM PDT

    UPDATE 1: They just finished the scene with David in ep2 and said 'pls tell me there's an option to run away' and I told them that oh look, something for you to relate about with Chloe and Rachel even more!

    And they said: "now if only I had her life lmao"

    Deadass I screenshotted that and will send them that after they finish LiS xD

    ORIGINAL:

    I've always been a big supporter for the chronological order so I told them to play it in chronological order first. Plus they're big on tv and movies so this was the more sensible decision.

    And-

    I mean as expected, they absolutely love and adore Rachel and they've identified with Chloe so much (I asked them who their fav is so far and they said Rachel cuz admitting it's Chloe would be too egoistical xD). They're also a big AmberPrice shipper (as expected cuz they haven't played LiS but we'll see). When I told them Rachel isn't actually that much liked in the fandom they were like: WHO DOESN'T LIKE RACHEL??

    and lmfao they kept guessing what would happen and hope that Rachel and Chloe will end up tgt and that they won't their ending up, and then they asked if Rachel will be in the next game and I was like "Yeah. Of course. She's one of the main characters, why wouldn't she?" And they were SO relieved. They asked if their choices could get Chloe killed cuz they said their horrible at choices and I was just like "it's a choice based game dude, your call".

    Btw I told them to play in this order BtS > LiS > replay BtS > Farewell so that they'd get the maximum experience and they don't mind cuz they're actually curious about the other choices for BtS anyway. Suffice to say, I think they're gonna hate me a little after they finish the games lmfao

    And dear god I'm feeling so bad for them now cuz they just finished ep1 and they're so in love with both Rachel and Chloe. Like I'm like so entertained but at the same time feeling so guilty and I'm kinda dreading them play LiS now cuz they're gonna get soooooooooooo heartbroken thrice than I did since they'll actually know the history and actually hope for a happy ending in all fronts.

    Pretty sure this franchise will traumatize them cuz they identify with Chloe and I'm pretty sure they'll identify with Kate too.... which may be another tragedy if they mess that up.... and they're also socially awkward like Max in rl.

    Man am I cruel.

    How about ya'll who recommended the franchise to your friends in whichever order? How'd you do to hear their thoughts about it or watch them play, knowing how it all ends?

    submitted by /u/Zeroprofessional
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] I just finished LIS 2

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 06:56 PM PDT

    I know it's been a long time since LIS2 was released, but I just completed the game for the first time.

    I really enjoyed the second part of the series, certainly less than the original but I would recommend it all the same. So what did I think of that game?

    I think the biggest difference in my relationship with this game is that unlike the story of Max and Chloe, it wasn't the adventure itself that I liked but the journey. The trip of the Wolf Brothers through the USA, their meetings and the relation of each of the characters with this bruised America and all in shades of gray.

    For my part, I had gotten very attached to Max and Chloe, you guess (or already know) the choice I made at the end of Polarized, but I didn't care so much for Sean and Daniel. To be completely honest, I got a lot more attached to Cassidy, Jake, Finn or even Brody or Chris.

    There was a break in my way of perceiving Daniel at the end of episode 3. Until then I tried to spare Daniel, protect him while giving him more freedom. Not a kid anymore, right? But when I saw the destruction his refusal to listen to his brother's advice had caused. I swear I would've kicked his ass from California back to Seattle.

    I didn't care as much about the wolf brothers as I did about Chloe. I think, long before I reached the end of the journey I already chose what I was to do. To be honest, I would have turned around long before the end.

    And Lyla. Oh Lyla, I'm so sorry. You deserved so much more than that.

    submitted by /u/thelittleone86
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Who’s the Worst Racist Person in LIS 2?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 02:39 AM PDT

    Kinda curious tbh.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Whiskers_Fnaw
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment