• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 16, 2020

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] Diaz Family with Lyla by Nisababa

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] Diaz Family with Lyla by Nisababa


    [NO SPOILERS] Diaz Family with Lyla by Nisababa

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 09:26 AM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] Line art sketch of Max sitting I made on a scrap paper.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 03:24 AM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] VRChat is a lot more interesting like this

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 05:29 PM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] I got Chloe’s necklace

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 02:01 PM PST

    [S1] LiS TV series maybe announced tomorrow?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 11:24 AM PST

    Well, it's already been announced but some actual REAL information about it may be announced/revealed tomorrow.

    I don't have any REAL information about this but going off of this tweet (flagged on the sub earlier) and the fact that the Hulu presentation (the network that owns the rights to LiS for streaming/TV) at the Television Critics Association's Winter Meetings (where networks announce a lot of new projects) is tomorrow, I think there's a good chance we'll hear something.

    It IS "the top of the year" afterall... Stay tuned, I guess?

    submitted by /u/LostBard72
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] One hour of relaxing ambience in Chloe's room

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 08:09 AM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] Chloe with glasses by QTori

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 04:05 PM PST

    [ALL] Hey everyone! I host a podcast and we just did an episode on The Farewell episode from BTS and Captain Spirit! We take time to discuss theories and our opinions on the games before we dive into LIS 2!

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 09:45 AM PST

    [S1] I created this for no reason, and although it's not very good (and it's my first time making an animation), I decided to share it. I'm open to criticism.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 10:26 AM PST

    [All] How Life is Strange made me love that universe, and kinda hate mine.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 12:23 AM PST

    I guess we all here love Life is Strange.... out of the many games I played, almost none actually had an impact on me.... but this game really hit hard. In real life, I'm not that social of a person, it's hard for me to make friends, and even talk to people, plus I'm really shy. When I played LiS and. BtS I felt at home, among amazing people, that I could actually hold a decent conversation with... Not to mention Chloe, especially in BTS, who made me fall in love, something that almost never happened to me before... I actually felt at home in Arcadia Bay, more than I do in my real town... among the real people who live there...

    submitted by /u/GoblinGuy3
    [link] [comments]

    [S2 E5] I can't get over this one...

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 02:43 PM PST

    [S1] What's up with that part of the nightmare where Max is...

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 06:04 AM PST

    What's up with that part of the nightmare where Max is Victoria?

    It's kind of weirdly unfinished, right?

    Like Max, otherwise-famously-introspective Max, doesn't comment on it at all. Not even so much as a, "Ack! I'm Victoria! Weird!" It could have worked as an "oh no, I'm becoming what I hate" moment, or to guilt Max about failing to save her from Jefferson, but she doesn't DO anything while Victoria. Doesn't bully anybody, doesn't repeat any of Max's lines in Vic's voice, there's nobody to interact with. It's not even an iterative puzzle where after going through Vic's door you become Kate or Alyssa or something.

    Anyone else feel like they're missing something here?

    submitted by /u/FortressCaulfield
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Made my first song a while ago and it was inspired by LiS. Check it out!

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 09:56 PM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] I've lurked long enough - time to say hi!

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 08:42 PM PST

    Good evening (at least from where I am in NZ). I'm yet another person who has been deeply affected by "Life is Strange", and it's been three months since I first played it, and it hasn't left my mind (it's the ghost in the back of my head...) No other game has made me think about where I'm going in life right now more (I'm turning 32 this year), and it's definitely opened my eyes to understanding why I was the way I was in high-school and for a good portion of my twenties.

    I found Chloe's abandonment issues and so on actually very familiar and it's helped me *finally* recognize and confront my abandonment issues from the past, and now I'm definitely much more cognizant of how I interact with friends, and am always catching myself if I find I'm falling back into old patterns. In addition, I'm also finding that if I'm second-guessing or doubting myself (which I do ALL the time--just like Max, but we'll get to our freckled cutie in a bit), I often think of Chloe and what she'd say/do if she were real and with me, and that definitely helps!

    Speaking of Chloe, another thing that we shared in common was/is a passion for science that was strong and enduring in childhood, but then was abandoned due to life issues including depression and so on, but now I'm rediscovering a love for science, thanks to my undergrad degree (which is fairly late compared to most people, as I started it in mid-2016 but really struggled with it until last year, when I finally rekindled a passion for Earth sciences (I'm very happy that we see in "Farewell" Episode that one of Chloe's highest grades is in Earth Sciences. A girl after my own heart.) Thanks to various mental health issues and so on, it's taking me way longer than most people to finish it--it's gonna end up being five years long (hopefully finish it next year, and then take a break because wowsers that's a long time to spend studying non-stop. I want to enjoy at least some of my 30s! And I'm okay with potentially getting my Masters or PhD later in life; my dad (who passed away when I was in my early twenties) didn't get his till his 40s/50s, so it looks like I'll probably be similar in that respect.)

    Speaking of Chloe and science: I finally pushed myself to take a distance course to catch up on high school level chemistry, thinking "Ugh, I guess I just have to channel Chloe's love for chemistry." Ironically, it's only made me a lot less hateful toward chemistry and more appreciative of the subject. Not sure if there's a term for that (Placebo?) but it definitely worked in helping me become more tolerant of chemistry, especially since I plan on taking a geochemistry undergrad class for my degree later this year.

    Wowsers, I could talk about how much I love Chloe and relate to her all evening, so before I end up doing that, I'm going to turn to how much I can relate to Max. Like her, I love photography (though I'm more digital myself) and it's been a big love of mine since...actually, since I was a wee kid. I remember always wanting to try and take someone's camera to take photos, until I finally got one for my birthday at eight years old (back then it was just film cameras, and I can still feel the turn of the dial under my thumb and hear the whirrs and clicks of those old cameras with their film. It's definitely very nostalgic to think of my first camera!) So yeah, definitely a photography aficionado.

    I can definitely relate to Max's social anxiety (and anxiety in general), and in fact right now I'm trying not to think too much about having to share a cabin with other people for my geology field school next month, especially as I've had bad experiences in the past with people complaining about having to share a dorm with someone with a disability (I have a hearing impairment, wear hearing aids), and part of me is kind of paranoid that what if they're like that too. Also, for some reason I have this unshakeable anxiety about my age, thinking about how most of the others on the field school next month will be more or less around the same age as Chloe when we see her in S1 (or at most, very early twenties like 21/22). I know 31 isn't exactly ancient but... yeah. Go anxiety.

    Anyway, all that aside, just wanted to introduce myself and share my own story of how Life is Strange has affected the way I look at life and myself (in both past and present), and hopefully I'll post a bit more around this area too. (Also as you can probably tell from my username, I'm also an astronomy fan, and Pluto definitely holds a special place in my heart, as it were.)

    P.S. I'm also one of those who initially sacrificed Chloe, but had begun to regret it as soon as the Big Damn Kiss happened, and it only spiraled into more regret, especially seeing Chloe die alone in the bathroom and Joyce's grief at the funeral. After that, I definitely always sacrificed the Bay and saved Chloe.

    submitted by /u/Plutos_Giant_Heart
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Having problems getting the comics

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 01:31 AM PST

    I'm currently living in germany and have been trying to buy the comics from Amazon but it seems to be constantly out of stock. I've also looked at the german translated version (i wouldn't normally do that because i usually don't like translations that much, but im getting really desperate here) that i could buy but there's only vol. 1 available.

    Does anyone know if there will be some comics to buy from Amazon in the near future, and if yes, when? Or alternatively are there any other sites where i could buy them from (I never really bought any comics of the internet so I don't really know the places you would go to buy any)

    submitted by /u/zerosixhundred
    [link] [comments]

    [All] Need Similar Recomendations

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 04:14 PM PST

    Nothing has ever hit me with emotions like this game franchise. I have looked for similar books, movies and tv shows and I just can't find anything that has the same impact and overall feeling. Any recommendations would be appreciated, I really finished LiS2 and now I'm lost 🤣

    submitted by /u/Spartan-Beard
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Was Max moved up a grade in school?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 01:39 PM PST

    In Farewell, you can look at an American History quiz of Chloe's from May 2003. Her teacher has written on the quiz that Chloe should "focus instead of drawing pictures with Maxine" or something like that.

    This strikes me as odd, because it implies that Max and Chloe were in the same class, but Chloe should have been two grades ahead of Max. Chloe would've turned nine in March 2003, putting her in 3rd Grade. But Max didn't turn eight until the September of that year, so she would've still been in 1st Grade on the date of the quiz.

    I can believe that an elementary school might smush two classes of neighbouring grades together for one lesson if there's a staff absence or something, but Max's 1st Grade class having American History with Chloe's 3rd Grade class seems unlikely.

    This makes more sense if Max was actually in 2nd Grade, despite having been only six when that school year started (September 2002), turning seven a few weeks later. This would also explain how she starts college at Blackwell a couple of weeks before her eighteenth birthday, while some of her classmates are already nineteen.

    Max is clearly quite gifted academically, and also would've been one of the oldest in her original school year, so it's not unlikely that her parents would push for her to skip a grade.

    To me, this explains some aspects of Max's personality. Kids who are moved forward a grade in school often struggle socially because although they're academically on a level with their peers, their social development doesn't run on the same schedule. If little Max was thrown into a class with kids a year older than her who had social skills she still lacked, it makes perfect sense for her to develop a somewhat shy and passive personality.

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/mistress-eve
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Looking for artist willing to commission a custom Life Is Strange tattoo stencil?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 03:56 PM PST

    I'll DM more details if someone is interested but I'm looking for someone to draw a custom stencil for me to get for my first tattoo, obviously Life is Strange themed. It's not gonna be huge but will cover a good amount of my forearm, one sided, if that helps to visualize the size.

    This is a genuine, serious offer. Will pay via PayPal!

    submitted by /u/22Hz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment