• Breaking News

    Monday, March 23, 2020

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] The rebel by 89RE2

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] The rebel by 89RE2


    [NO SPOILERS] The rebel by 89RE2

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 03:07 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Cuddles by Maili Taniguchi

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Arcadia Baes by Hieu Nguyen

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    [S1 E4] If max ever bought from Frank, what dog would he have coded her as?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    Honestly a bit tough for me since most of the dogs I can think of are already taken, but maybe better minds than mine can come up with something.

    submitted by /u/Sir-Mister
    [link] [comments]

    [S1 E4] What choice did you make on your second play through?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    Did you not warn Victoria, knowing what will happen to her, or do you warn her, as with what Max knows at the time that's the right thing to do?

    submitted by /u/Sir-Mister
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Partner and I made a board for this game to keep us entertained in these crazy times. Thought I’d share!

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] LIS Fanart Hot Dog Man

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    [S1 E1] Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Came across this pretty funny subtitle glitch during my first playthrough of the game. Can anyone explain it?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 02:42 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Started getting into drawing a bit right after finishing the game, hope you guys like it!

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    [No Spoilers] Life is Strange HD wallpapers I made a few years ago. More in the comments!

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Jacob is God. - Fanart by Vivint_.

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    [S1][BTS] Just finished Before the Storm, a spoiler filled review and thoughts

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    So like many people I've had more time at home on my computer than I'd like lately but it has given me time to finally play some games that I've waiting for sufficient time and calm to really enjoy. Life is Strange games aren't the sort of thing I can just put 20 minutes into here and there when I have the time, I need to really soak it in. so, having soaked all of it now, I wanted to ramble about my reactions and I figured this might be an okay place to do it.

    When I played Life is Strange I didn't have to think very hard about the final choice. Fuck everything else, I save Chloe. With all that those two mean to each other I couldn't imagine ever doing it the other way. I even tried to do a second play through to make the difference choices, and while I could do it with everything else - from Victoria to Warren and Frank and even poor Pompidou, I realized soon that I wouldn't ever choose to sacrifice Chloe. I watched the ending clip on youtube. The relationship between Max and Chloe was one of the most incredible things I've ever seen in a video game, I won't sacrifice it.

    So going into Before the Storm I had some trepidation. Pretty much all of it involved Rachel Amber. She's been built into this goddess like figure who radically impacted everything she touched, even more so than Chloe. How could they actually pull that off? And if they did, how would that leave Chloe and Max making sense? The second main concern I had was - we know what happens. How is this just not going to seem cruel and pointless?

    Well, the first concern went away quickly. BTS absolutely nailed Rachel Amber. From her first appearance as a punk rock guardian angel to seeing her as Prospera I quickly lost all concern that they weren't going to get her right. I was a theater kid myself, and I knew people who were very much like that. It all made a lot of sense.

    The other thing that BTS did very well was show Chloe and Amber's relationship, and they did it in a way that absolutely not only leaves Max and Chloe making sense but showing why it's so important.

    The Tempest scene is absolutely one of my favorite moments in any game, I can't remember ever thinking 'oh my god this is so cool' to the extent I did while Chloe was ad-libbing lines and Rachel was literally using the cover of her home turf to deliver her feelings to Chloe.

    But there was one line that I think summarized their relationship. Delivered by Ariel as Prospera tells her how great they are together.

    "Excitement is a mere counterfeit of bliss. These storms and these adventures? I prefer to know thou still cared for my plainest self."

    Rachel dodges answering that. She merely says I've got you where I want you and I'm not letting go. And that, to me, is their relationship in a nutshell. Is Rachel sincere about loving her? Oh yes, absolutely. In the moment she means it, with every ounce and fiber of her soul she means it. But despite what the game reminds us Shakespeare thought, the world isn't a stage, and as Chloe tells Samantha, people like her have deep problems that you aren't just going to love away.

    I don't think it's any accident that in the post credits we see Rachel gushing over Chloe's new blue hair. Chloe's plainest moments are behind her, happily forgotten for the time being. But under it all she's still Chloe Price, and while Rachel may love the badass rebel she expresses to the world, it takes Max to love who she is under it all. Of course part of this is that Max is one of the few people who actually gets to see who she is under it all, but that's a topic all on its own.

    What I take from all this is that Chloe's "me against the world" attitude is the result of a fight the world picked with her, not the other way around. We see proof of this over and over, that no matter what Chloe does she's going to be left feeling like a fuck up that's not even going to be allowed a brief moment of real happiness before it's snatched away. What she wants is actually quite simple. Her dad. Her best friend. Good music. All of the angst she displays is a result of her struggle to return to that plain and simple happiness she's never really been allowed to have - happiness she has with Max.

    All of this is not to say that any one type of love is better than the other. Just that there are different types of love, and one of the things this series does so well is show us all the ways different, badly flawed, people can love each other. We know the love between Rachel and Chloe frayed over the next few years, and I think it's safe to say that was inevitable. But that doesn't mean they can't both look back on it as the greatest days of their life.

    The bottom line is that the game delivered why Rachel and Chloe had such an amazing dynamic, while still making Chloe and Max make total sense and didn't diminish what I had so much emotional investment in from the first game at all. Bravo.

    In playing LiS it was easier to identify with Max with all of her introspection and monachopsis, but BTS made Chloe so very relatable in all the ways you wish you didn't have in common with someone you love. Thinking of her and Max together, happy after sacrificing Arcadia Bay, brings an even bigger smile to my face now that I understand Chloe better.

    The one major thing that I think BTS deserves criticism for is the voice acting. While Chloe and Rachel were very good, the background cast just wasn't up to the task. Especially in Episode 3, Amber's mom sounds like a literal robot in a moment when she should be overflowing with emotions. I had to google at this point and was not at all surprised to find that there was a voice actor's strike at the time. But even then, for what Amber's mom had just found out about everything going on for her to drop her lines with a complete lack of emotion I felt was just not good enough. Amber's dad was just as bad, although his character one could argue is supposed to be wooden and insincere, but I got the feeling his delivery was not being done as a style choice, and that's about the nicest way I can put it.

    I found the voice acting much harder to get past than the bad animation/synch ups in Life in Strange 1. That sort of thing I can overlook as quirky/indy studio doing what they can with what they have. Nobody is playing these games for the graphics (although it should be mentioned I thought BTS was much improved in that regard). But the voice acting needs to be there to sell the sincerity and pathos and outside of Chloe and Rachel in BTS it just wasn't there.

    The other thing I felt that didn't quite live up to its potential was Rachel's mother. The final conversation with her at the end of Episode 3 just felt...off. I'm not sure if her character just didn't get the time she needed or of maybe there should have been a fourth episode or what should have happened, but I didn't really feel like there was a satisfying finale to that whole arc. The reason this is less of a problem for me is that I'm not entirely sure the story really needed that element to it if it wasn't going to be handled right, and looking back I think I'd be just as happy if they'd removed that whole end of episode 2 drama bomb and left it at Rachel's dad cheating on her mom. There's enough to work with there without turning it into a Law and Order episode, and I felt it distracted from the much more impactful scenes of Chloe and Rachel.

    My final nitpick worth mentioning is that I felt they overdid the scenes of Chloe talking to her Dad. As dreams they were fine. But the final one is just a straight up hallucination and it sort of comes out of nowhere. The conversation they had was great, I loved the line "I wished you'd lived long enough for us to fuck it up." But it should have come through some different delivery.

    I wasn't bothered at all by the minor inconsistencies in the story between BTS and LiS and things like why doesn't Chloe know the dog's name in the first game, or why David ending up in the spot he doe with Chloe could be picked at. I think maintaining all that would require a level of slavish devotion to the first story that would kill any chance of enjoying any spin off.

    I just wish there was some way to save Rachel Amber. An alternate timeline where we can take her to LA is one of those things I'd buy in an instant.

    Also just a random bit of trivia, having been on Steam for over a dozen years, these two games are the first and second I've ever gotten all the achievements for.

    submitted by /u/TheSlothBear
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] My prediction for the next life is strange 3 or even 4

    Posted: 22 Mar 2020 07:04 PM PDT

    Okay i know life is strange 4 is far away and might not even happen depending on LiS3 but i would love it for LiS3 to be a sequel and not a prequel with obviously a power we all know now that max and daniel's both power comes from their hand what if life is strange 3 will have a power where their hand is reached out for it so that in life is strange 4 all 3 characters could join forces and there some reason as to why they have the power and as they all up to now come from the hand what if there is a reason and they all link for one big story after all up to now the characters with the power haven't died

    submitted by /u/Dglitch_K
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment