• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 13, 2020

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] Before the Storm poster by PachaStuff

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] Before the Storm poster by PachaStuff


    [NO SPOILERS] Before the Storm poster by PachaStuff

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Here’s the Chloe plushie I made! All completely hand sewn, and the pattern was made by me!

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Partners in crime, partners in time by Raquel Cornejo

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 04:24 PM PDT

    [S1] The song that stuck with me for a long time, spanish sahara. Can anyone explain it, and its meaning.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 02:10 AM PDT

    I mean, it's got something with Chole, but I'd still like to know.

    submitted by /u/bit_-curious
    [link] [comments]

    [S1] It feels like I came full circle... Four years after the storm.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    Ok... So this will be a long post, but I feel like I waited for far too long before sharing that story. I know I enjoyed reading those kind of posts back in the days, when I was in Post LIS Depression, and I always wanted to make one… kinda. So here we go !

    I played LiS a bit more than four years ago. I remember it like it was yesterday. How I bought the game thinking "this might be worth a try". How I fell in love with this game and its characters… How I got hooked as soon as I walked that corridor in Blackwell at the beginning of Chrysalis. And how this game went from "just another game" to probably the most important video game of my life.

    It took me a long time to admit that, yes, this game changed my life. I think it took me time because it was a slow process… The game wrecked me, like it did for many of us here. For weeks I felt empty, for years I roamed this subreddit, occasionally posting here and enjoying the incredible community I found, fanarts, moral support… thanks to all of you for that ! I followed podcasts (shout-out to Blackwell podcast, you guys were great !), read fanfictions, watched let's play… the usual stuff.

    I think I always wanted to share this story here, but it never felt right… it never felt "the right time" for it. I was always missing a conclusion for it. A point in my life where I could say "This is it, I am here in my life precisely because of this game". I feel like today I can say that. So yeah… Honestly, I am just writing this because it feels like I need to get this out. Sorry if I am being annoying or it feels like I am ranting. You would probably want to skip this post at this point, unless you just want to hear yet another testimony about "how this game was a life changer for me"...

    So… four years ago, there's me. Loving video games, pursuing a nice degree at university, doing what I like basically, and what I was good at. I couldn't complain really. But also I somehow wasn't completely honest with myself. It felt like most of my decisions were a middle-ground between what I really wanted to do, and what people expected me to do… Or rather what my insecurities told me to do… Does that remind you about anyone ? Yeah… because for me it clicked immediately with Max. The self-doubting / self-loathing style. Never fully embracing herself. In that regard LiS was an eye opener. I lived through Max. I fell in love through Max. And I grew up as a person through Max. And before I knew it, here I was, 26 years old me crying like a baby, watching a town get destroyed and reminding myself of every life I decided to sacrifice just to save one person.

    And this game made me realize something very important. Like Max, I should put myself out there. I should be me instead of being afraid. And, I want to stress this, it wasn't some big change all of the sudden. Again, I was for the most part happy with my life. I just wasn't living it fully. So it was small at first. Inconsequential choices I wouldn't have made before. Things I expressed I would have silenced. I think what resonated the most with me was how through Max's power to rewind her mistakes she found the confidence to be herself. To not always take the easiest path, but the one she felt was right for her. How she went from not submitting her photo, to submitting her photo, to sacrificing this future to save Chloe. Well… we all played the same game, and I am sure other people discussed this way better than me.

    Point is, I realized something. I always wanted to work in the video game industry. My degree was nearly worthless for a career there. And I just followed the "easy" path and gave up on that dream. When I finished LiS I was somewhere like 6 months from graduating, in the middle of writing my thesis and looking for where I would work after. When I finished LiS, I sat through the entire credits thinking that I would be so proud to see my name here. And as I thought about it, I realized that I wanted to make this a reality. I wanted that the next time a game would make me cry like LiS did, I could say "I am a part of this wonderful industry".

    And, I think for the first time in my life, when I graduated, instead of taking the first job offering I had, I decided to go unemployed and work my ass off to get a job in a video game company. I didn't expect it to be easy, or even to be successful, but I wanted to be able to say "I tried".

    At this point, I started to admit to myself that LiS changed my life, that definitely, if not for this game, I wouldn't be a guy with a high degree struggling to find a job. It lasted for roughly two years. Two years of being told "no", again and again. There were some highs and lows, but for the most part, I spent two year working on personnel projects and trying to convince people to give me a chance. And I won't lie, it was rough sometimes. Like… really, really rough… But in the end, it was worth every single hour of existential crisis, panic and anguish… But I am getting ahead of myself there…

    I am getting to this point, roughly two years ago, when I am finally getting a job. And… that's the best part… not any job. Like I said to my soon-to-be manager "If you would have asked me to write down my dream job, I wouldn't have written a better job description". And I meant it. The studio was one of my top 3 of studios where I wanted to work, the job was a perfect mix between game dev and my field of expertise from my academic studies, I was mandated to do exactly what I dreamed to do… It felt like going from unemployment, to my dream job in one interview…

    From the first contact to my first day in the studio, it took nearly another year though. Legal stuff, immigration (I was moving to another continent) that kind of fun… It was frustrating, and I think the version of myself from before LiS would have given up on the offer and took something else. I actually declined a couple of other offers because of this… After six more month of being unemployed, with only a promise from an email as proof and no foreseeable good news in the near future, you feel very dumb about saying no to everyone else… trust me.

    In the end it paid off. And in all honesty, the job is even better than I imagined. For the past year, my mind was blown away repeatedly by how crazy and impossible this entire situation seemed to me four years ago. How deep down I was convinced this wasn't something I could have. And how all it took to achieve this, was a game about a teenager that can rewind time, just enough to push me a bit toward seeking what I really wanted rather than what people expected me to do.

    So why am I writing this now, rather than a year ago. Well… I wanted to wait first… Make sure it was indeed what I imagined. Like… after one year of this being my day-to-day, is it still my dream job ? To this I can say, 100% yes. This is the best job I ever dreamed of… Well… actually, I think the point of this post is precisely that, for a long time, I didn't allow myself to even dream of where I am now.

    But there's also something else. Something that happened a few months ago, and became very real this morning. My employer recently made a series of promotional videos where people from the studio were asked to talk about their gamer memories, and in particular, what game made them cry. This video got released on youtube today.

    When I saw it, it just blew my mind away. Me, being a part of that big crazy studio I just love, and talking about how LiS made me want to work in this industry. I can't help but to think of me four years ago, crying while those credits were rolling and thinking I wanted to be a part of it. Well… This is it. I am not (yet) in the credits to a game, but I feel like this is a milestone. To be able to share, publicly about this story, and, to the limit of my extents, try to inspire the people that are where I was 4 years ago.

    That's when I realized I had delayed this post for too long. I might not be much, and maybe I am just a boring guy rambling on an internet forum but I wanted to finally write that post.

    I never said it before out loud like that, but I can say it now. This game changed my life ! Without a doubt, I am at the other end of the world, working in a place I never dreamed of and telling my story on a video where I am presented as a "game developer". Me, who four years ago could barely stomach to say that I wanted to make video games. If that is not the definition of changing someone's life, I don't know what is.

    If you humored me for that long and read through all of this, thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

    This community is one of the most amazing I found in a long time and my experience with LiS wouldn't have been the same without it. I realize I wasn't really active there for the past 2 years so the days I remember are long gone, but if anyone from this time is around here, thanks a lot for being a part of this ! Look how this game grew ! From a surprise success to a full prequel, an entire second season and one of the most amazing fandoms ever. That was a hella ride !

    Enjoy your PLISD y'all ;-) You never really get over it, I know I'm not.

    And obviously, if you have questions, feel free to poke me here or by PM :-)

    submitted by /u/NeM-ounet
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Warm artwork of Sean by Vemod

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 04:06 PM PDT

    [S1 E1] Do your choices in S1 E1 matter in E2?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 05:13 AM PDT

    I have completed EP1 and I'm about to start EP2. Do the choices in EP1 matter in anyway?

    submitted by /u/ecitsujkcid
    [link] [comments]

    [S1 E4] Recreated a certain room on ACNH, making Arcadia Bay on the game

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 05:44 PM PDT

    [ALL] A really difficult, obscure quiz about all 3 games!

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 05:00 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Found this while down a youtube rabbit hole of "epic trailer version"

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    [All] Altered Timeline Just Like In LIS

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 03:54 PM PDT

    Ok so here we go , possibly the strangest thing that actually makes me laugh at how weird it is .

    It was at the time ( I didn't know ) the end of my relationship with my ex . We had been together for about 3 and a half years . Things we a bit odd , she had been acting strange for the past couple of days . She said we needed to get coffee to talk about some things . So on the weekend we went to a nearby coastal town and had coffee near the ocean at the crappy chairs they have at the beachfront .

    At this exact moment a young lady and her family were walking in front of us on the concrete boardwalk , however the young lady was in a wheelchair being pushed by her family . At this point I knew what she was going to say to me. I knew she was going to break up with me , even though previously I was clueless .

    Now let's just explain how I just suddenly had this overwhelming feeling . I had seen this exact scene play out , although in a video game and I actually stood there still for about 5 seconds to process everything. it was a warm tingling feeling through my whole body , it was like my whole body told me hey she is going to break up with you .

    The game I'm referring to is ironically called Life is Strange . Quick description and quote " Life is Strange is a story based game that features player choice, the consequences of all your in game actions will impact the past present and future. Choose wisely. "

    The reason I had such a strong body feeling like no other , was because that is the wrong timeline in the game ! You aren't supposed to choose this timeline everything is wrong , and your friend Max is in a wheelchair. So to actually see someone go past on a wheelchair in real life in a very very similar environment was just to much of a coincidence . And it all turned out true anyway , she sat down and told me how our relationship wasn't working and that she just wanted to be friends . Thinking that I had no idea which I didn't until about 10 seconds ago she was expecting me to be more surprised .

    We broke up that day . But I was at peace with it , because I knew that being with her is not my correct timeline . I'm still quite in awe about how crazy that experience was having just your body know what is about to happen and all the similarities between the game and what happened in real life

    Here is some pictures of the scene of the game to what I saw in real life

    https://imgur.com/gallery/KufmY5n

    submitted by /u/Sir_Ewok
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] My thoughts on LiS's ending

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 03:53 PM PDT

    Hey all, finished LiS and BtS about a month ago, and the comic series recently. I've watched through all of LiS2 but haven't played it yet myself. I absolutely loved them all, and I just wanted to give my two cents on it, particularly the ending of LiS and what I feel about it. I tend to like to deconstruct a lot of story games I play, and this is no exception - but this one has been especially hard for me since it hit me so close to home. I love that there's this community here to love and appreciate this game and what it's about.

    Anyway, I'll get on to it. From this point on, major spoilers obviously.

    There's a lot to the choice at the end, but no matter how much I try and think about it, I cannot ever justify not saving Chloe. It's gonna take me a while to really digest exactly why, but that's it. I relate to her so much, and as I'll elaborate on, I think the choice to give her a new chance at life is the ultimate choice here.

    Chloe is very obviously a broken person, who at the end of the game is finally at a place where she understands that. She finally comes to peace with the fact that her life turning out the way it has isn't William or Joyce's fault; she comes to understand David, and I think starts to understand Rachel and accept both their separation and her death. She learns that she can truly love again, which is something that none of the aforementioned other characters were able to get her to do on their own.

    Max isn't quite the same, but she is vulnerable and has her own issues to work through. She thinks herself anxious, indecisive, and as a bad friend and person - imposter syndrome for sure - and she has a whole lot of regrets because of that.

    Chloe's plea to Max at the lighthouse at the end is one she's making because of her own guilt. Chloe is realizing what has gone wrong in her life and what she has fucked up, and she's overwhelmed by the realizations she's come to in such a short time, and feels immense guilt and shame over what she perceives that she's caused. The supernormal circumstances of the Storm (which I also, worth noting, don't believe is a direct effect of Max saving her life, even with the comics hinting at otherwise) don't help in the situation either. Ultimately it's not a decision she really wants to make, and she doesn't want Max to have to either. But Max does have to.

    Max has gone through hell and back in the journey leading up to this moment, and she too has realized so much of what she's done in the same way Chloe has. The difference is, she had a way to change it, or so she thought. What her powers really did is make her come to the same realizations Chloe did, in her own way. They both realized their situation as broken individuals, and their love for each other and what that brings. They both realize not only all their errors and all their desire to grow, but also their want to stay together at the exact moment Max needs to decide.

    The choice to save Chloe isn't about refusing to let someone you love die, it's about accepting and letting the past die. Accepting what you cannot change, and having the courage to try and change what comes next, and not let the past rule the now. It's about taking the once in a lifetime chance to start fresh and rebuild and grow as people after a childhood lost and so many fuck ups and regrets. An opportunity some people - with or without crazy time travel powers - never get to have, but they do. Max tries everything to save Chloe and prevent the Storm, but every time, the storm always comes. Her choice to save Chloe is one of accepting what she's done and accepting responsiblity for what comes next.

    If Max sacrifices Chloe, she will carry not only her own unresolved problems and guilt through the rest of her life, but also the fact that Chloe was never given the chance to grow from where she was. She has that on her forever. She'll never know what either would've become or done. Saving Chloe gives BOTH of them that chance. A chance to finally be in a place where they can both improve and change and grow beyond who they are. To love and be loved for all of themselves, and not have to fight the world or the people around them for it. None of that can happen if they have Arcadia Bay - the literal and metaphorical place they can never leave - there, where it will always drag them back to where they can't grow. We see that in LiS2 from David's perspective too. They needed to finally move on, and that can't happen for them unless Max makes the choice to save Chloe.

    We saw what happened when the chance to leave Arcadia Bay wasn't taken in BtS, even if it was for the wrong reason at the wrong time. The decision to not leave - or rather the indecision - is a big factor in what drove Rachel and Chloe apart and eventually killed the latter (aside from Rachel having big flaws and her relationship with Chloe not really being good or healthy in a lot of ways). One can't grow without letting go of what's holding them back, and Arcadia Bay is that for Max and Chloe. Bottom line, the end of LiS is THE chance they have to do that. The one time opportunity.

    I could never refuse taking that chance, and that's why I give that to Chloe and Max. They deserve the opportunity to heal and live lives full of love and happiness.

    This game helped me to deal with a lot of the same problems in my life, and hopefully make some positive change for myself and take that same chance. It really speaks to how well made and resonant the story is that it hit me as a young guy so hard too. It made me confront things I'd repressed. It made me appreciate and understand a lot of things from my past that I've struggled with and accept that much as I might want to change it, it is what it is and the best I can do for myself is live my life to the fullest and love what I have. It's an amazing thing.

    I'm so glad to have found LiS, and glad to share some of my thoughts on it here. Please do share your thoughts, I love this game and love talking about it, and would love to hear your guys' ideas about it too.

    submitted by /u/JarvisJ07
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] I’m probably super late to the (After)party, but...

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    I'm playing Afterparty and I notice that Sam Hill sounds a lot like Chloe. Quick google and — same voice actor? Now I can't unhear it 😖

    submitted by /u/typhoontortilla
    [link] [comments]

    [No Spoilers] Can’t play episode 2 on PS4. Please help!

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 05:36 PM PDT

    My brother can't play episode on Life is Strange. It says he needs to download it but he can play the other episodes. When he clicks download it directs him to the PS store and he doesn't have the option to download it. He has restarted the game, his PS4, and re-download the game. Please help us!

    submitted by /u/gf-gf-kkvf
    [link] [comments]

    [No Spoilers] Doesn't this girl hella look like the perfect goddess Rachel Amber?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 06:33 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment