• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 14, 2020

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] I'm really new and drawing and took a crack at cartoon-y versions of Warren, Max, and Chloe

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] I'm really new and drawing and took a crack at cartoon-y versions of Warren, Max, and Chloe


    [NO SPOILERS] I'm really new and drawing and took a crack at cartoon-y versions of Warren, Max, and Chloe

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Everything is a picture waiting to be taken... by Fainda

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Meanwhile in a perfect universe... (FanArt by @johnson_blazkowicz)

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] finished just now!

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] i did some background practice with chloe and max !

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Cute Kids. - Fanart by Artistictea.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    [S2] Sean & Daniel. ��

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 08:52 PM PDT

    [S2] A bay without Chloe... ��

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    [ALL] Just finished playing BtS

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I just finished playing BtS, as much as I loved the game overall the story, the music and everything about it. The ending was equally as disappointing, I picked the "Protect" ending (although I played the other one too), I felt that the ending was pretty abrupt.

    Plus, as much as I loved the game, I couldn't emotionally connect with as much as I did with the first game, I had to think twice before choosing the ending in the first case, while it wasnt the case on BtS, atleast for me. But regardless, it was knowing more about Chloe and Rachel and secondary characters like Frank.

    The one thing that stood out about the game was the music, it's beautiful since daughter personally worked on it and composed it based on what Chloe's mood and emotions.

    What are your thoughts about the game?

    P.S. I think I am done with LiS for now since the 2nd game isn't about Max and Chloe, plus I don't want to buy it. So I'll probably just watch a let's play on YouTube.

    Is there any other LiS related stuff I can check out?

    submitted by /u/vasu1996
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Life is Strange 2 - Post Game Feelings?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 04:55 AM PDT

    Those who've enjoyed their time with Life is Strange 2 and those who were affected, moved or ripped apart by it, how do you look back at your experience with this game? Especially players who've finished it a good while ago. Is it still with you? Does it still pop in your head every now and then?

    I've finished playing it for the first time around 1 and a half month ago and for me personally it was one of the most overwhelming and gut-wrenching storytelling experiences. As time washes away pretty much everything, I think we all start to feel more and more disconnected with days going by which is normal after all. I remember in the beginning wanting to stay in the game's atmosphere and bubble for the longest time, even if it was a heartbreaking experience it still succeeded to be such an intensely beautiful one as well, for me at least. Nowadays two things that are still with me are Sean and the the soundtrack, both original one and chosen songs. What about you?

    submitted by /u/jmaxx001
    [link] [comments]

    [S1 E2] weird glitch in my first play through

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    [S1] AI trained to complete a piece of text gives a surprising result to Life is Strange related texts.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 06:01 AM PDT

    Hello,

    There is a deep learning programm named "GPT2" which can continue a text in your writting style. In its unlimited version, it can write a whole artcile that looks totally legitimate about anything and everything, even political articles.

    There is a limited demo here :

    https://talktotransformer.com/

    After reading so much fanfics, I wanted to start writing one, I was in the process of refining an idea for the fanfic when I thought about GPT2 and I wanted to try it with few sentences.

    First try and the program already gave a rather surprising sequel to this piece of text :

    "Chole is lying on her bed while an air of music rises in her bedroom. Gradually relaxing from this horrible nightmare, never had she had such a realistic and clear one. Chloe began to think that she might have gone mad, her research into Rachel's disappearance and the fact that she missed Max so much was playing tricks on her mind. Was she destined to die young? At least, if paradise exists, she could join her Father this way. "

    The IA completed the text with :

    "She had to open her eyes and get out of bed to make some decisions. She checked to make sure she was actually back in the past. A small moan came from her mouth, and she turned on her computer to check her email. "Dear editor, all is well." She read, shocked that"

    Sadly, the limited options stop here. I was really suprised to read that the program could give a result like that on such a small amount of text. So i tried others things as well, like dialogs with personnality to see if it can from a few sentences grasp what Chloe and Max would say from the official script.

    " Chloe: I, er, know it was your birthday last month... This was my real father's camera... I want you to have it.

    Max: That's so cool you remembered my birthday. But I can't take this.

    Chloe: Of course you can. My dad would be pissed if I never used it. And now I know it will be used awesomely.

    Chloe: And I'll snag this picture as a symbol of our reunion. Cool?"

    Well it did not continue the dialog but... it was even more surprising :

    "Trivia

    The frames (with my name) can be seen when Max is digging up the photograph in the junkyard, or when Chloe is giving the camera to Max.

    Chloe's camera is a Polaroid 23X."

    I refreshed 3 times to get this, on the second refresh I had an other one where Max told Chloe that she was shot and then Chloe was trying to clam Max. It was really weird and I feel like the program have been also trained with life is strange related script to give something so close to the acutal plot so many times or is the plot common enough for the program to be able to guess ?

    I thought it was actually cool enough to share. And I was wondering if any of you did use some tools to refine your sentences or to give you ideas ? What do you think of using some kind of tools to help writing ? Does it kill the creativity ?

    Screenshots : https://imgur.com/1yzsQp4

    Edit : the sentence "Max was kissing Chloe when Chloe's hand slipped" give funny results.

    https://imgur.com/a/oMX7xxl

    And now i'm sure it is trained with LIS content or it use google to search results.

    submitted by /u/Hylith_
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] i did some background practice with chloe and max !

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    [S1] A simple thing I just realized about Chloe + Nathan

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    This is nothing earth shattering, but I just wanted to share a simple realization I had about these characters after rewatching some scenes.

    In Episode 1 at the lighthouse, we learn that Chloe was drugged by Nathan because she intended on robbing him to pay off her debt with Frank. We also discover that she woke up and was able to fight her way out and kicked his lamp. In Episode 4 we see the picture that supports Chloe's story in Nathan's room.

    However, we also learn in the dark room that Nathan overdosed Rachel after he slipped her drugs. After what happened Nathan began adjusting how much he dosed his victims. In a messed up way that means Chloe only survived because of Rachel. If Chloe was Nathan's first victim, she'd be dead for sure.

    We know that Rachel saved Chloe's life in many ways, but I just thought it was another interesting layer to the story.

    Carry on! :)

    submitted by /u/TheInsaneDump
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Looking for a collection of all photographs from the game (as inspiration)

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 05:44 AM PDT

    Does anyone know of a collection or repository for the games images of photographs?

    submitted by /u/GammaNumerix
    [link] [comments]

    [S1] Completed fanfiction recommendation, that will destroy me as did 1-st game?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 04:07 AM PDT

    [No spoilers]Decided to try learning how to use oil paints, so i painted this.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 04:54 PM PDT

    [ALL] A moment of calm by Adrian Hutson

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 04:41 PM PDT

    [S2] Wandering the Mojave wastes.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 10:42 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Max Caulfield by me

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    [ALL] do you guys think Rachel had powers in bts why? Here’s my thoughts

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    (Spoilers for both games) do you guys think Rachel had powers in bts or not? For either why?

    First post here hope it's ok: I've recently been thinking about Rachel and am wondering if she did or not and was looking for a fresh perspective

    There are arguments for both sides and I'm going to say some reasons for both so here we go :)

    Reasons for:

    The first thing obviously being the wildfire that happens when Rachel gets angry and there is that strange winds that come from behind her

    Secondly at the dinner table scene If you look closely at the candles the flames get progressively larger and stronger as Rachel gets angry potentially showing a link between the two

    Thirdly in the hospital scene if you talk to the firefighters they will essentially say the fire put itself out which would be right around the time Rachel passes out (this part will be important later)

    Reasons against:

    Now the only one I could really think of against is how when Rachel is in the dark room she obviously does not use powers at all which doesn't make much sense as in both life is strange games the characters discover there powers at a traumatic event e.g in life is strange 1 max finds her rewind powers when Chloe gets shot in the bathroom and in life is strange 2 Daniel finds his powers after seeing his dad get shot (however he does not recall any of it probably because he was too young to handle his powers)

    and this is also shown to be the case with Rachel to a small extent without her realising as both times her potential "powers" are shown she is having a bad/traumatic experience

    however there are a couple of occasions where it would make sense for Rachel's "powers" to activate e.g when she is stabbed by Damon and obviously when Rachel ends up in the dark room however there are reasons for why her powers wouldn't activate in these situations e.g when she is stabbed by Damon she is almost instantly passing out and later on with the dark room assuming Jefferson used the same methods and drugs as he used on max it is shown that max cannot use her powers instantly after the drugs are injected into her system

    however later on in the dark room with max in s1 It is clearly shown that Jefferson let's his victims "come to" atleast enough for max to use her powers or was this just a one off a simple mistake on his part

    Also it could potentially be that Rachel needs something for her power to activate as in both scenes when Rachel is shown to maybe have a power there is already a fire there to be controlled by Rachel's power

    Overall I fell in love with Rachel's character in bts and found her very similar to myself so this is probably just me overthinking because I just love the character so much

    If you read all this thank you so much and I hope I haven't just wasted your time with me going way too deep on simple things that mean nothing

    <3

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/custardcream-
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Quick Chloe drawing from LIS. Not my best work, but I'm proud. Haven't drawn since lockdown.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment