• Breaking News

    Friday, June 19, 2020

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] Rachel portrait by Bangbez

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] Rachel portrait by Bangbez


    [NO SPOILERS] Rachel portrait by Bangbez

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] I know this is a day late for some of you, but Happy Birthday Ashley Burch!

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Sometimes when you meet someone who's going to change your life you just know it, I guess.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:08 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Found my first Rachel costest on my phone and realize that i wanna play BtS again so badly ��

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    [ALL] Do y'all share fanfiction here? Sorry if it's misplaced, but this is mine. Give it a read if you're into it. Is ongoing :3

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    [S1 E5] Life is strange ending and comics

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    Hey everybody

    So I recently finished the first Life is Strange game and I have to say it's one of the best games I ever played. But yeah since the end I can't stop thinking about the game. The last few days it even kept me awake at night. I guess a lot of you had the same problem when you finished it. I first played before the storm and I really liked that one, but it left me with a feeling that I never had when finishing a game. After the end of the original I got the same feeling and it just doesn't stop. I guess it will eventually stop one day.

    Anyway, at the end of the first game I chose to sacrifice Arcadia Bay. The ending left me a little bit empty but I heard there were comics that go deeper into this ending. Just wanted to ask if they are good to read and do they fulfill the emptiness that I have. Some people say they are good,some say they are bad. So I really would love to know your opinion on the comics. Also for a last question, which ending did you pick and how did you feel afterwards?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/the_wonderknight
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] this is my tier it would be hella cool if you made one and shared it https://tiermaker.com/create/life-is-strange-1-and-2e3-characters-133166

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 06:51 PM PDT

    [ALL] Raise your hand if these games saved your life...

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 08:22 PM PDT

    I was in a terrible place last year. A girl I loved broke my heart in the worst possible way. I won't divulge the full story, of course, since this is not the board for such things so I'll simply say this — imagine Max ghosting Chloe from the first game...only for Chloe to find out later that Max was shit-talking her behind her back and was only using the "ghosting tactic" as a front.

    That was basically what happened to me.

    Obviously, this is largely trivial compared to what's going on in the world today but it sent me into a depressive slump last summer where I basically stopped working for two months — with no stimulus checks or $600 benefits to cover me.

    I turned to all sorts of escapism during this period: movies, music, books, you name it. Nothing worked. I am a big MCU-junkie and not even repeated viewings of Endgame could save me. Gosh, I don't know what went wrong with me...

    Then fall came and I happened to come across a PS4 sale at Costco. I had fallen out of touch with gaming since entering adulthood but thought, "Why not?" At the time, I had finally picked my emo-ass up and started working again so what the hey, why not treat myself?

    Almost immediately, the first game that came to mind was Life is Strange. I saw a couple trailers a number of years ago and for whatever reason, it just stuck with me. So I purchased the game to complement my new system and the rest as they say...is history.

    It's a very cliche thing to say but LiS1 saved my life. There are already plenty of great reviews available online so I'll just try to focus on the things about the game that resonated with me and put me in good spirits again.

    CHARACTERS: I mean...duh. Never have I connected with digital avatars so deeply. I am not a gaming historian by any stretch of the imagination but before this, I would say the last characters I gelled with this much in a video game was Shepherd & Co from the Mass Effect Trilogy; except they did not make me laugh and cry as much as Max and Chloe did to the point that I wished they were real people I could go out and befriend. Even more amazing / comical were the voice actors who portrayed them. After watching a few YouTube clips, I would have to agree with what a lot of folks were saying: the characters in this game are basically "normal" versions of the people who play them. I'm not sure why but this makes me smile every time I think about it.

    Maybe it's a reflection of the kinds of women I am into...but after spending two games paling around with Max, Chloe and Rachel, I completely forgot about whatever (more specifically whoever) was ailing me before. To put it simply, it felt like leaving my hometown, moving to another state far FAR away, and befriending a captivating group of new people.

    It felt like a new beginning.

    MUSIC: From those opening chords of "To All of You" from the now-iconic (at least to me) hallway scene, I was hooked. I've always been a fan of the indie music scene so even though it was a no-brained that I would be charmed by the soundtrack, it was the way in which each song perfectly complimented each scene that moved me. I have this "unique" routine where every month, I buy one new album and make it my "anthem of the month." There's no rhyme or reason to it; I don't choose a summer album right when June hits or a holiday album when December rolls around...it's all kind of random and "stream-of-conscious" decision making for lack of a better term.

    So far, all of my albums of the month for 2020 have been from artists on the LiS soundtracks and Daughter + Wolf Alice have undoubtedly become two of my favorite acts. I suppose if I had discovered them last year, they would have been a great help in getting me out of my slump...but of course, I never would have discovered them had I not played these titles.

    As a filmmaker by profession who is heavily focused on characters and scoring, these two aspects of the game greatly resonated with me in a way that no other film could. Heck, I am even considering a switch to a career in game design now thanks to these titles!

    I've got Last of Us 2 coming to my doorstep next week but after reading some of the early reviews, I think I should PROBABLY have LiS2 at the ready on the whole Amazon cart next month to wash my mouth of all the bloodshed I am about to endure.

    Anyway, that's my story and yes, shame on me for holding out on the sequel for so long...but please let me know if these games have had a profound effect on your life as well; I look forward to hearing your stories!!

    submitted by /u/Agent-Drakewolf
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Looking for FanFiction.Net where chloe has to choose between max and Rachel

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    [S2] Life is strange 2 - Map of the roadtrip???

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    I was wondering if there is a complete map of the roadtrip through america? Or did someone maybe reacreated it in google maps?

    submitted by /u/majoraswrath360
    [link] [comments]

    [S1] Max speaks in bold

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] I Watched a Let’s Play of Life is Strange Before Playing it, is it Still Worth Playing?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    Like the title says, I made the sad mistake of watching a full let's play of Life is Strange a few weeks ago, not really knowing what it was at the time. I didn't really think I'd ever want to actually play the game, so I thought it'd be okay to watch a let's play. The game got more and more interesting with each episode, and before I knew it I had watched all 5 episodes. Now I'm really on the fence, because I want to get the game but I feel like I've already spoiled it for myself. So I'm wondering: Is it still worth playing, and if I did play it, would I be missing out on the good experience of playing it for the first time?

    PS I just made my account and I'm extremely new to reddit, so if I'm doing anything wrong, I'm sorry!

    submitted by /u/WDrew000
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] I want more friends in the life is strange community

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    Hello, my name is Chloe (yes that is actually my name lmao) I'm 17, I'm a lesbian if you couldn't tell by my username, I like anime, cosplay, drawing, and video games. If we have stuff in common or if you just wanna discuss Life is strange, you should hmu. Please note that I do have depression and ptsd so keep triggering topics to a minimum.

    submitted by /u/sapphicpunk
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Max Sketch

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 06:56 AM PDT

    [No spoilers] Listen to Sean, kids

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 05:09 PM PDT

    [S2] My thoughs on Lis 2 ending

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    I got so angry in the ending, the police would never release Daniel, it was obvious that one of the brothers had powers and other thing that upsets me is that if u kill to survive than u are a bandit? That's fucking bullshit, they could have a honest life in Mexico

    submitted by /u/pombaodomal
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Life is Strange 2 - Do you think the game will be forgotten?

    Posted: 18 Jun 2020 06:06 AM PDT

    I've been thinking you know what a profoundly beautiful and devastating experience this second game/journey was for me, and how many mind states I've gone through while playing it and after finishing it. Re-watching moments and dwelling on them, being stuck on Sean, his character and how painful and unfair is what he has to go trough, getting lost in the soundtrack, both original one and chosen songs. For example that piece of music called Free Spirits by Jonathan Morali, that you hear by the end of episode 2 while the boys are running away and during Parting Ways ending, I can't get it out of my head. It hurts and pleases so much at the same time. I can't put it into words where it elevates the scene, and where the overall soundtrack elevates just the whole game. It's low-key a work of a art just the soundtrack itself and what it succeeds to do. It just dives exactly into your soul.

    So for these reasons and for many more I can't remember to think of right now, I truly hope that this game won't be forgotten. The power, success and reputation of Life is Strange as a franchise is a gigantic one, so there's a good chance of not forgetting it simply just because of that. Also there's a third game coming, so I think one instantly thinks, before the third, it was the second and this and that happened in that one. The other day I was bugged by the fact that, that overwhelming feeling of being stuck in that mirage of the game for a good while after finishing it, is slowly fading away. Which of course it's natural, with time we really move on from everything, but I was slightly angry because of that super strong feeling of connection to the game or Sean for example was getting loosely lost. Even though the game's a painful experience it manages to hurt in all the right places.

    So that's why I'm asking and I'm curious of what those who had a great time with this sequel believe, because the game is a bit overlooked. What do you think it'll happen to it in 2 or 3 years from now? Personally, it means so very much, the game to me is just something else. So hopefully with more people like me that I have seen around here, and communities like this that treasure and keep the memory of the game alive, it won't be completely washed away or forgotten. I believe it so deserves to be remembered, for its message, story line, soundtrack, characters and Sean. I wish so badly all of us could have a friend or brother as fierce, selfless and caring as him in our life. If you had a positive or similar experience with this game, let me know your opinion on forgetting it. xx

    submitted by /u/elimax21
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment