• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 25, 2020

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] With the use of wallpaper engine, I have this looped the entire day. When I have nothing open, Golden hour is playing.

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] With the use of wallpaper engine, I have this looped the entire day. When I have nothing open, Golden hour is playing.


    [NO SPOILERS] With the use of wallpaper engine, I have this looped the entire day. When I have nothing open, Golden hour is playing.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:49 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Thought you all might like my new lapel pin!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Life Is Strange Gang (alternate versions in comments)

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    [S1 E3] Meanwhile, in another world... (art by blusthings)

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Dontnod/LiS Twitter page ghosted me after winning a giveaway on Twitter.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 12:03 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Wanted to ask - is fan fiction discussion allowed here?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    I have a few fanfic ideas for LiS, primary, this pic is bringing a new character, and gives Nathan (my favorite) more screen time and development, because LiS1 really abandoned him...

    So, can l discuss my fic here? Is it accepted on this sub (l know that most communities hate fan fiction. Who knows - maybe LiS is also)

    And, people who are interested, l'm waiting for you! :)

    submitted by /u/Olya_roo
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Life is Strange: How the soundtrack tells a story

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    [S2] Life Is Strange 2 Survey. You can answer whether you like the game or not. All the responses are welcome.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    [no spoilers] About Puerto lobos

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    I'm a "local" to Puerto Lobos, a town featured in Life is strange

    I don't know anything about life is strange, however I've been seeing a lot of comments and links to the town of puerto Lobos regarding this game. I live 3 hours from Puerto lobos, Sonora Mexico. I go there very often for fishing. I see tons of misconceptions about the town though, first off... it's very small, barely any electricity, Zero gas stations, one food market and <500 residents. Caborca Cartel/CDS cartel has a foothold in the town recently. There's no police presence or even a station, nearest city with any hospital or police is Caborca. There's nothing to do in the town except fish, it's the equivalent of a trailer park on a larger scale. Hopefully this connects any missing lore or has some use... please let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to message me for proof that I'm in puerto lobos often

    submitted by /u/kylernoe1
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] LiS Similar Music Playlist

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:29 AM PDT

    Here is an Apple Music playlist with songs similar to those from LiS 1: The Case

    I really enjoyed the music in the first game, especially Spanish Sahara, one of the songs near the end. The entire soundtrack is superb and very unique, but I managed to find a lot of similar artists and songs that I've compiled into this Apple Music playlist (partially because I can't use Spotify and partially because I notice most of these types of things link to Spotify playlists). Please note I will be frequently adding to it and changing it to capture a broader style of indie/folk/mood/sad music, so sorry if it's not what you're looking for. For those of you who can't access it, some of the featured and most similar artists are Low Roar, The Middle East, Car Seat Headrest and Foals. It is still a wide assortment with many solo songs and some from the soundtrack itself, but nonetheless, I hope you all enjoy and share it if you'd like.

    submitted by /u/cactus__boi
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] The Toxic Shipping Conundrum

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    Recently I've seen an uptick in support for ships that are well... toxic? And I mostly just wanted to make discussion on why some of these ships exist and why people support them so much. People shipping like Nathan and any of the girls in the game like Max, Chloe, Kate, etc or doing the same with Jefferson. Or some of the less savory ships from LiS 2 or people shipping like Damon with Chloe and things like this.

    This is something that honestly baffles me. Like yeah, we can all have shipping wars like Pricefield vs. Amberprice or whatever, but this is mostly pointed at characters who are not morally ambiguous. Characters who are outright horrible and abusive like Damon, Nathan, and Jefferson. Especially when these dynamics exist in a horrible place. Things like Nathan being shipped with Chloe, despite drugging, kidnapping, and shooting her. Or Jefferson being shipped with anything other than a prison cell. It's things like this that do utterly make me turn my head because I genuinely don't understand the process of thinking the ship is okay, and then going the extra mile to create another reality where Jefferson and Nathan didn't do horrible things or a world where Damon wasn't an utter sociopath to everyone he ever met.

    Just something I wanted to really know, because the few times I've discussed this with people it's usually the people inventing these alt realities where the antagonists are the heroes and the protagonists only exist for them.

    submitted by /u/BeMoreChillFan
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] LIFE IS STRANGE VICTORIA CHASE COSPLAY HELP

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    Anyone know what Victoria Chase's fabric cloth for cosplay is made of?

    submitted by /u/Evening-Reveal
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Replaying LIS over and over until I die

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    Picture it. Sicily. 1922. I want to play a video game. I open up steam with every intention of playing something new, aaand I wind up playing LIS again.

    I keep going back to LIS over and over again, but I feel like there's nothing there for me right now (not for forever but like I should wait a hot minute before replaying it for the billionth time).

    Are there any games that hit even slightly like LIS did for you? I feel like if anyone can relate to the feels and the pure fascination that comes with playing LIS it'd be you guys.

    Also pleeease tell me where to ask this question if not here

    submitted by /u/muffinfight
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Rachel Amber - What do you think about her?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    In Before the storm there was a detail that changed my view of Rachel completely. When you are in her room (shortly after she learned the truth about her real mother), you can see that she has two posters on the wall: one showing her astrological sign (Cancer-Leo) and the other showing her Enneagram type (four = individualist). Personally, I don't believe in astrology very much, but I think the game developers intentionally included this information to help us to understand her on a deeper level.

    First, let's talk about the zodiac sign. On the poster, it says: "Those born at the apex constantly oscillate between the theatrical nature of the lion and the sensitive, introverted nature of the crab. The mood of the bearers of this zodiac sign can change from one moment to the next because a balance between these signs is often difficult to find and even harder to maintain. Strengths: creative, passionate, loving, devoted, diplomatic. Weaknesses: self-centred, volatile, possessive, dramatic."

    I think that all this fits perfectly to Rachel. She can be very honest and sensitive one moment, a total drama queen the next, but I don't think that makes her a bad, lying, manipulative person. It just shows her inner conflict between the two completely different sides of her personality.

    The Enneagram poster says: "Type four: the individualist. Creative, sensitive, independent. Prone to melancholy and excess. The best thing for a type four is to let go of the feelings of the past and focus on the potential that the future holds".

    I also did a little more research and found out that fours base their identity on the perception that they are in a certain way different and unique. They tend to view their difference from others as both, a blessing and a curse - a blessing because it sets them apart from those who perceive them as "ordinary" and a curse because it often seems to block their access to simpler forms of happiness that others seem to enjoy so loosely (→ although Rachel has so much, her family who love her more than anything, the friendship with Chloe, enough money, a solid reputation, she is never really happy. It seems that everything is just not enough)

    In this way, fours can feel superior to others, while at the same time feeling longing and envy. The feeling of being special alternates with deep feelings of shame and the fear of being full of flaws and damaged deep inside. Fours are emotionally complex and very sensitive. The desire to express this inner world often leads fours to take an interest in the arts, and some of them become true artists (→ her affinity for theatre and acting).

    Fours have a disposition to melancholy (which can be seen very well during the "star talk" with Chloe) and under stress, they tend to fall into depression. Even under the most favourable conditions, fours tend to be self-absorbed (→ Rachel uses Chloe to find her mother without thinking about the danger she puts her in).

    Out of balance, they easily give in to self-indulgence that they perceive as fully justified because it is a way to compensate for the general lack of joy they experience in their lives. Four are inclined to fantasize about a "saviour" who will save them from their misfortune (→Mr Jefferson, whom she uses as a ticket to escape from Arcadia Bay and become famous).

    It is also quite interesting, that, in contrast to the astrological sign, the enneagram type isn't determined at birth, so Rachel has to dealt deeply with her personality. She sees herself as a type four, otherwise, she wouldn't have these posters in her room.

    By the way, remember the conversation between Chloe and her father at the junkyard as they watch the approaching flames? I think the fire is a metaphor for Rachel. Chloe's father said something like: "Fire attracts you so much that you don't even realize the danger. It blinds us with beauty. Fire is jealous. It wants all the beauty for itself. So you must be careful not to get burned." Rachel Amber means beauty, warmth, light. But also destruction (in her rage she even starts a forest fire!) That's why many love her so much. In her presence, you feel euphoric, ecstatic. She possesses such a strong attraction that blinds you and in the end will plunge you into ruin, even without her having wanted it.

    I am really curious about your thoughts on this topic!

    submitted by /u/mariejahn
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Chloe has been a teenage Anarchist for years. From the look to her attitude. So, does this Sex Pistols classic, Holidays In The Sun, fit her at all? Let me know down below.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 04:45 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] looking for beta reader for my LIS fics

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 01:00 AM PDT

    Hey y'all. I've been working on a couple if LIS fics, and was wondering if anyone would be interested/willing to beta read them. I posted several chapters of both stories up on a couple of the sites, and know i could do better with another pair of eyes looking for errors, ir things that seem out of place/weird. I will say, both have some dark themes in them. I.e. rape, suicide attempts, abuse. I just figured I'd post here to see if there were any takers. I'll leave a link below if anyone wants to see what they would be lookin at... assuming i do it right. Ive never tried posting the links before.

    Hard Reset

    the foster

    submitted by /u/missmagillicuddy88
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment