• Breaking News

    Monday, January 4, 2021

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] My Chloe Price cosplay

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] My Chloe Price cosplay


    [NO SPOILERS] My Chloe Price cosplay

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 11:45 AM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] Life is strange 2 is surprisingly among Steam's 2020 most played games.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 03:51 AM PST

    [S1 E4] Episode 4 gets me every time

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 10:03 AM PST

    [No Spoilers] Chasemarsh Monday: Happy New Year! (By Mike-Kossi)

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 11:33 AM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] The Price Is Right (art by Anesvalt)

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 05:24 AM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] Chloe's impatient!

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 11:46 AM PST

    [No Spoilers] Vortex Club bromance

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 11:44 PM PST

    [ALL] LiS 2 Should've been "Into The Wild" the video game.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 11:34 AM PST

    I watched a movie called "Into the Wild" (ITW) which is about Christopher Johnson McCandless and his journey to live a life of freedom by leaving all of his possessions behind, meeting all kinds of people and living life on the road from Virginia, then down South to Mexico, with his final destination being the Alaskan wilderness. Long story short, he goes through an amazing journey, in order to find freedom away from his parents who are materialistic, hypocrites, rich, etc... and to truly be a good person. Watch the movie if you haven't seen it, it's on Netflix, I highly recommend.

    While playing LiS2, the game reminded me of ITW but the main difference being that ITW is about a journey to finding freedom, and LiS 2 is about two brothers on the run from the law and the older brother doing whatever is necessary to protect his younger brother. But in a way LiS2 is also a story of finding freedom, freedom from the law.

    Sometimes it just felt like the game was trying to force the theme of racism way too much that as a Mexican myself, it just felt unnatural and unrealistic. And they kept on jumping from place to place, I just wish that the pacing was a bit more steady every time Sean and Daniel moved to a different location. Like when the incident happens, we don't get to see what Daniel and Sean did to escape and end up in the park which felt a bit off, as well as how they end up in the weed farm and meet all the cool people at the camp after they get on the train.

    The game could still be about 2 brothers on the run but I want the central theme of the story to be about freedom, family, adventure instead of trying to fit racism into it so much to the point that it feels forced. Like when I first met Brody Holloway, I loved everything about him and the way that the brothers interacted with him. I thought that the story was going to unfold differently because of Brody. I thought that at the end of the game, they were going to end up free but instead all of the endings were depressing or bittersweet

    TL;DR: LiS 2 should've focused more on freedom and family and an incredible journey of a lifetime instead of racism with depressing endings. This is just something that's been on my mind for a while now and I felt like I needed to share.

    submitted by /u/Gatsby2001
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Broken dreams by SaphNoctis

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 08:27 PM PST

    [NO SPOILERS][Repost] Partners in time (by me)

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 03:41 AM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] I’m wanting my 17th birthday cake to be both LiS and “The Walking Dead” themed, they’ll both have their own side. These are screenshots of my favorite characters quotes.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 12:45 PM PST

    [ALL] Return to Blackwell Academy (A Life is Strange Video Essay Series) - Teaser Trailer

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 01:53 AM PST

    [S2] Need to share my thoughts about the endings

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 03:33 AM PST

    Hi, I just finished the game a couple weeks ago, and I'm deep down in PLiSD. I feel like I really need to vent and share my thoughts about the endings because I just can't stop thinking about it and I have no one who played the game around me to do it IRL.

    I got the Blood Brothers ending which left me... Bittersweet. This game affected me a LOT, I felt deeply attached emotionally to the characters and what they go through. Contrary to LiS 1 which I enjoyed but affected me much less. I felt extremely bittersweet about the ending I got, because yes they are together, but at what cost ? Always being bothered by thugs, and I'm not talking about everyone they hurt/killed at the barrier, which probably shocked and disgusted everyone they know like their grandparents or Finn/Cassidy, explaining why the brothers are shown alone in the end (contrary to PW). Daniel doesn't look happy, longing the past. Sean looks more or less happy, but always said throughout the game that he didn't care for cars and mechanics, that he wanted to be an artist. It makes me quite sad to see them like that, but at least they reached their goal, they are together, they have a home. But most of all, I'm bittersweet because it's not the way I did my best to raise Daniel throughout the game. I didn't want them to become criminals and I did my best to do so. I feel like I have to convince myself very hard and imagine things that the game clearly showed otherwise to be satisfied with this ending.

    So by curiosity, I chose the other ending and got Lone Wolf. It's self-explanatory that this ending is horrendous and broke my heart in small pieces.

    Then, I checked the internet and found out about the morality mechanics. It really bugged me: why did I get a low morale ending when morality, not turning them into criminals, and being a good role model for Daniel was one of the biggest influence of my choices ? No one died in my game ! I stole in Episode 1 only for survival (I mean come on they had absolutely nothing at the time !). In Episode 2 I spared the puma, stopped Daniel cursing, saved Stephen. Chris got crushed by the car but this was no evil intention from me, I just wanted to protect the secret, the consequences were not forseeable at the time. In the 3rd Episode I slept with Daniel, but went for the heist because it was the only way to romance Finn (hate the developpers for that !) but no one died eventually. In Episode 4 I didn't kill anyone, spared Lisbeth. And finally, in episode 5, I freed the Mexican couple and didn't kill the cops at the station. If BB/LW endings make sense when you actually do evil things during the game, I felt my ending very out of place and disturbing considering I didn't kill anyone.

    So I started Episode 5 again, changing only one thing that bugged me during my first playthrough : the scorpion choice. English is not my first language, so I thought about asking him not to hurt animals, but took the wrong choice by mistake, thinking the consequences would not be that bad (lol). Guess what ? Just with that, my endings changed and I got the high morale ones ! So basically, for such an insignificant choice which I did by mistake when I actually wanted to pick the other one, I consider that I got both Blood Brothers AND Parting Ways as an "official" ending for my playthrough. With a very slight advantage for Blood Brothers since it's the first I got.

    Then, back to the endings : I found the Redemption ending absolutely horrible. It's just terrible. Sean simply does not deserve 15 years of jail for a crime he did not commit. I know we don't see the years he's in jail, but 15 years is a LONG time. Daniel's life is great, but Sean lost his young (and best) years, couldn't get an education, and has criminal record which will ruin his life forever. Not to mention that he's completely broken, and that his relationship with his brother won't ever be the same, as we can see Daniel crying in the end. This ending is a huge no-no for me, the second worst imo.

    As for Parting Ways, I'm also conflicted. We don't really know anything about Sean's life in Mexico, a smile on a picture can't pledge for real happiness. But at least, he's free, and in good company with Finn. Daniel gets the life he wanted and deserved : he always has prioritized a safe life in the UK with parent figures, like in Episode 2 with his grandparents and Chris, or with Lisbeth in Episode 4, or even in Episode 3 you can feel he feel really out of place in this grown-up and nomadic way of life. While it's the opposite for Sean, who always looked for freedom and his youth. The only goal Sean and Daniel have in common is not being separated. Plus, in PW, I'm not really bothered by the bracelet at Daniel's ankle because he might also have it in Redemption, we just don't see him 6 years later but 15. Plus we see he can visit his mom in the desert, so he's somewhat free. But them being apart, after all that happened, and especially considering they are the only "real" family they have left (since they both didn't really know their grandparents really well, not to mention Karen who literally abandonned them). So it's just too cruel. Staying together and building a bond is, along with morality and being a good role model, what influenced my choices the most.

    I can't stop thinking about how conflicted I am about these endings, and I literally can't choose which one is the best. Both somewhat maybe happy, but split apart ? Or together as they intended to, reached their goals, but at a terrible cost, and them being quite unhappy ?

    In any case, I find all the endings horrible. Some more than others, but overall they're all horrible. That's an amazing feat of Dontnod : every ending seems coherent and takes the choices in account. This is also why I prefered LiS2 much more than LiS1 : here it's not the illusion of a choice that you have, or just one final choice in the end that matters. All choices matter and influence in a way or the other then ending you will get. There is no happy ending because there can't be : life is strange. But just to preserve my soft heart, I would have liked to see them both happy, safe, surrounded by friends and family, and away from crime. They didn't deserve any of this.

    Sorry for this extremely long post but I really needed to write all that down and share my thoughts. I'm beyond devastated by that game, I don't cry much because of fiction, but Lord did I cry with Life is Strange 2 and keep weeping when I see videos or listen to the music. Again, sorry if I made some grammar or spelling mistakes in this post, like Dontnod Entertainments I'm a French fellow whose first language is not English. Thank you for reading and maybe commenting !

    submitted by /u/_alexterieur
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Life is Strange themed lantern that my sister made!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 08:10 PM PST

    [No spoilers] My Life is Strange fanart chibis!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 02:00 PM PST

    [ALL] Before the Storm locations

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 12:40 AM PST

    Your favorite places only used in BTS.. (no lighthouse..junkyard, etc)!

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Weeeeee711
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] LiS 1 Locations

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 06:12 PM PST

    What's your favorite location from Life is Strange 1?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Weeeeee711
    [link] [comments]

    [No Spoilers] Should I buy the second game?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 04:36 AM PST

    Should I buy the second game, Or is watching a let's play good enough?

    I never bought the first game because I watched a let's play of it, and the game is so linear that I basically experienced everything the game had to offer through the video

    Is the same true for Life is strange 2? Could I get the same amount of substance from a let's play as the actual game? Or is it less linear?

    submitted by /u/JustPassingThrough53
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment