• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 4, 2021

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] In memory by themochi

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] In memory by themochi


    [NO SPOILERS] In memory by themochi

    Posted: 04 May 2021 07:49 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Life Is Strange BnW Fan Art! Had some inspiration to do this so I went with it! More art on my Instagram( @onlyjustlouis) or go over to my page on reddit!

    Posted: 04 May 2021 02:11 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] May the 4th be with you

    Posted: 04 May 2021 12:55 PM PDT

    [No Spoilers] Chloe says "Max is mine"

    Posted: 04 May 2021 08:04 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] I can't wait for True Colours

    Posted: 04 May 2021 06:03 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Meet Gabe - Life is Strange: True Colors

    Posted: 04 May 2021 08:56 AM PDT

    [ALL] I think True Colors will be a return to form

    Posted: 04 May 2021 12:27 PM PDT

    Don't get me wrong, I loved LIS2, I adored the relationship between Sean and Daniel, but it really didn't feel like Life Is Strange, you know? LiS1 was all about community, mystery, and sacrifice, but 2 had none of those, it just felt like a crime drama.

    But True Colors looks like it has all the same traits LiS had, a small cast of loveable characters, a compact narrative, and a mystery that must be thoroughly solved!
    It feels like it's actually Life Is Strange.

    submitted by /u/Sox_The_Fox2002
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Santa Monica Dream

    Posted: 03 May 2021 02:46 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Where does Life Is Strange rank in your all time favourite games?

    Posted: 04 May 2021 03:54 AM PDT

    Life Is Strange 1 is definitely in my 'top 10 list of favourite games of all time'.

    Do you love any of the Life Is Strange games enough to put it in your top list?

    submitted by /u/OBSW
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Meet Gabe

    Posted: 04 May 2021 08:58 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] The game’s got some months left, but we can all shoot our shots now

    Posted: 04 May 2021 01:08 PM PDT

    Love is in the air for Alex, and she has no choice but to feel its incapacitating and agonising sting, for she is but a digital puppet controlled by the meatmen that live vicariously through her, because they fear they are too disgusting both inside and out to be loved by another human being

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/ComprehensiveMirror5
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] I swear it was an accident but I’m also not sorry

    Posted: 04 May 2021 01:19 AM PDT

    [no spoilers] everyone at Blackwell was t-posing

    Posted: 03 May 2021 11:06 PM PDT

    [ALL] What did you buy (or steal) from the Chrismas Market in LIS 2 Episode 2?

    Posted: 04 May 2021 04:27 AM PDT

    (Just putting body text so I can submit it.)

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Whiskers_Fnaw
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Whos your Favorite Cast from LIS 2

    Posted: 03 May 2021 06:26 PM PDT

    Something I wanted to ask for a while.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Whiskers_Fnaw
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Does this affect Daniels morality?

    Posted: 03 May 2021 07:17 PM PDT

    I wanna romance Finn and also not do the heist but does it change his morality if I agree or not? Seeing as he does it anyways.

    submitted by /u/Whiskers_Fnaw
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Thematic and storytelling changes between LiS 1 and 2, and how LiS 1 explored free will in a deterministic world while still justifying morality.

    Posted: 03 May 2021 06:32 PM PDT

    So I made a video on my impressions of LiS 1 and 2, focusing mostly on the aspects I admired about LiS 1 and how they were absent in LiS 2, as well as the negative aspects I saw in their place. I'm probably shooting myself in the foot by even posting this here, knowing how many people enjoyed LiS 2. Just know that there's no bad blood on my end if you liked that game. I find myself to be in a weird position holding the views that I do. With my personality being the way it is, I was practically predestined to hate LiS, and yet my attitude toward it turned out to be the opposite. The reasons I liked LiS are probably very different from most peoples' though. I'm also aware that the general consensus in the LiS community is that LiS 2 wasn't as good as the first, but still good. I don't think it was a good game, and if you think that I missed some of its good parts or misinterpreted what I view as bad, I'm totally open to the idea that I got it wrong. Feel free to point out any grievances and I'll discuss. I think it should be obvious, however, that I care a lot about the LiS series. What I think is constructive criticism may not be in your eyes, and that's okay.

    Above all else though, I'd like to start a discussion on what I think is a major theme in LiS that seems to have gone under the radar. I actually haven't seen it brought up anywhere, at least not in depth. My main takeaway with LiS was that its point was to set the player in a deterministic world and grant them free will, then show what happens when a true free agent is introduced. In the video, I go over how I came to that conclusion and show the supporting scenes and dialogue, as well as some outside research and a visualization. I also think LiS importantly shows how to avert the existential crisis that comes with fatalism, showing that not having free will actually isn't a big deal, and that making choices responsibly is still important. Moral philosophy under fatalism is a tough concept, and seeing LiS deal with it was what made it my all time favorite game. The game granting me free will and squashing it in the end made my mind race for at least a few days after playing. I'm probably just coming off as an absolute madman extracting meaning from thin air like a guy writing lyrical explanations on rap genius, but I think this is a fun rabbit hole to go down.

    The video goes over this concept in this time range: 00:24:51 to 00:50:51

    Curious to get your thoughts. In hindsight, I probably should've split this video up instead of making one behemoth to get this discussion going, but what's done is done.

    https://youtu.be/F5ZYYGQQPgg

    submitted by /u/infolepsy1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment