• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 5, 2020

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] Chloe and Rachel

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] Chloe and Rachel


    [NO SPOILERS] Chloe and Rachel

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Sun's out, buns out by Surimistick

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Sharing is Caring

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 11:59 PM PDT

    [ALL] Chloe Price Cosplay by KaitoEinsam

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] I feel numb by Rosentraume

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    [ALL] Stars by PearlEffect

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Nervous look

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 08:52 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Super Max

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 08:54 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Favourite quote from LIS : BTS

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 11:57 PM PDT

    [ALL] Companion in Season 1 vs BtS

    Posted: 05 Jul 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    I played Season 1 last week (loved it) and just finished Before the Storm last night, and while I did enjoy BtS a lot there were a couple of things that bothered me. In the first game, I really empathized with Chloe; the childhood trauma, the feelings of abandonment, her desperation to find someone in her life that will love and accept her unconditionally, I've been there. She's a flawed character, but her motivations make sense, her heart's in the right place, and I think she and Max played off of each other really well. By the end of the game, I was more invested in Chloe than anyone else; sacrificing Arcadia Bay was probably the easiest decision in the game for me.

    By contrast, I couldn't really bring myself to like Rachel in BtS. We're told throughout both games that she's amazing at everything she does and everyone loves her personality, but when we actually meet her she...kinda sucks. We see in both games that acting irrationally and emotionally is a flaw Chloe and Rachel share; Chloe undoubtedly makes bad choices (going after Nathan, returning to Rachel's grave, her outburst after learning about RachelxFrank, closing herself off from intimacy), but she learns from them and they're generally based around how strongly she cares for someone else. Rachel's choices on the other hand seemed pretty self absorbed (her attitude to Chloe at the end of Ep 1, starting the fire, forcing Chloe to be in the play, telling Chloe to be calm at dinner and then smashing the table, bringing a 2x4 to a knife fight, asking Chloe to open up in the junkyard but then refusing to share her own feelings), and she never really reflects and learns from any of it. Not to say that Rachel is unsympathetic or a bad person/character; she's a loyal friend and supportive of Chloe. Still, I had a harder time excusing her faults and mistakes than I did with Chloe.

    Hopefully not sounding like Eliot (yikes that guy), but it felt like every choice that Rachel made was putting her own feelings first with very little reflection on how it would affect others. While she does reciprocate the relationship with Chloe if you choose to pursue it, at best Rachel doesn't seem to consider it to be very serious, and at worst she is actively deceiving Chloe and cheating on her with both Frank and Jefferson.

    Rachel seemed like a fun person to spend a day with, but not to have a long term relationship with (romantic or otherwise), she's just too manic. I hate to agree with Jefferson, but I think he was probably right when he said that LA would have killed Rachel.

    Anyone else feel similarly, or have a different perspective to offer?

    Also totally unrelated to the original topic but I didn't want to make a separate thread: why did Jefferson let Kate go? Was Rachel dying the exception, or was Kate surviving the exception?

    submitted by /u/sydazlir
    [link] [comments]

    [All] Life is Strange is by far my favorite game and I wanted to give editing a shot on something like this so tell me what you think��

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] My first Life is strange poster! Plan on getting another one very soon!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] be my partner in time? ������

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    [ALL] Which ending out of these two do you think is best?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    I can't decide which is the better ending for LiS 2, Redemption or Blood Brothers (I personally don't really like the other two endings). I'm leaning more towards Redemption but still can't really decide, here are my reasons:

    In the Blood Brothers ending you get to start a new life in Mexico with your brother and avoid the 15-year prison sentence but you can't call Lyla, Karen, grandparents, or anyone because you'll be tracked down. Sure, they can visit but you still won't be able to call them or anything. Also, Daniel won't really have a good childhood and will have to learn the language from scratch. And although this was their goal from the start, they would've had to destroy all the police cars and people in order to cross the border, which their father wouldn't have approved if he was still alive as they're not criminals. (Also they'd probably be #1 on the most wanted list)

    On the other hand, Sean surrenders and goes to prison for 15 years, which is terrible but he could still contact Lyla and family members from there and do activities such as make friends, improve drawing skills, workout, even get a college degree, etc. Although the 2 brothers will be separated, Daniel will have a good childhood living with his grandparents and close to Chris, as well as going to school and growing up normally, etc. And when Sean eventually gets out of prison, he'll be able to reunite with Daniel, Lyla and his family, and since he won't be wanted anymore as he already served his sentence, he'll be able to start a new life with friends and family around, and travel anywhere freely and may even visit Puerto Lobos after as he's no longer wanted. But that still means he loses 15 years of his life.

    As I said, I'm leaning more towards the Redemption ending as Sean's main goal was to protect Daniel, and by going to jail, Daniel will be protected by his grandparents and have a childhood, and this is what I believe their dad would've wanted/approved. Let me know what you think, and sorry for the long post.

    submitted by /u/XxOmarGxX
    [link] [comments]

    [S1][All] Unable to move on from LiS1?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    I feel so stupid about this but it's been so long now and I don't quite understand. potential Life is strange 1 spoilers: I'm absolutely obsessed with max and chloe. My heart physically hurts when I hear the soundtracks of the game. I cry over them regularly. I stopped watching both endings over and over, but I did that for....a week? I'm an adult. what the fuck. I've never had this connection to fiction in my life. Close, but this is ruining me. They're what I think about when I open my eyes in the morning. Little things remind me of their story. They're the last thing I think about when I go to bed????? It's not *healthy*. but I have no experience with....this. I feel a deep, deep connection to Max, her personality, her negative thoughts, her traumas, and the fact that I never had a young adulthood due to my mental and physical illnesses draws me towards her (an almost 10 year younger version of myself). I wasn't allowed to have a childhood, and I'm barely having an adulthood? I...don't know.

    cw trauma, definite spoilers: the nightmare scenes really fucked with my head. The extent of the time jumping during episode 4 and 5 really disoriented me? and made it impossible to process my own feelings or even fully comprehend what I was feeling at all. the dark room made me physically ill. I used to be (and sometimes still am) suicidal, and the Kate scene fucked me up. The fact that no matter how much you try to help, or save people, it's going to go wrong and it's 100% your fault. Everything is your fault. Everything is my fault. I'm selfish and cruel. That I'll never have a love that would move time and space itself for me (unrealistic, obviously). That i'll never be loved, period? That all I bring is pain and destruction (I don't). That all of my good intentions are useless. That no matter how hard you try, life is only pain.

    I realize none of this is a normal response to anything, ever, and it's pretty frightening. I loved the game, I have so many emotions about it. I loved being a part of this little world. I've been in therapy regularly for 4 years, and since playing the game in April, I feel like I undid all of the progress I made by hitting "New game". It's a very exaggerated response, but I know from reading others' thoughts that I'm not alone in having a really rough time. I've done all I can think of (Listening to game analyses, character analyses, reading/listening to the cut audio, game theories, unused plot points, etc) but....I'm kinda lost.

    I'm only posting here because I'm 100% convinced my therapist is so sick of hearing about "that game". I'm certainly sick of feeling like absolute garbage over it.

    submitted by /u/SortaHordey
    [link] [comments]

    [No Spoilers] All the scars Fanfic read.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I posted a few weeks back to see if anyone would be interested in me doing a fanfic read for my YouTube channel. Well, I finished Chapter 1 today and it's up, so please go check it out. Thanks everyone. Happy 4th.

    Edit: here's the full video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PtQQsDHaYfg

    submitted by /u/williegosen
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment