• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 7, 2020

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] Chloe, an old fanart by me o.o

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] Chloe, an old fanart by me o.o


    [NO SPOILERS] Chloe, an old fanart by me o.o

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 09:16 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Rachel Amber In The Sims 4

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] And now on my journey to 1,000 g these games we're now on to the story of a young Max Caulfield.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 04:22 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Deck Nine retweeted this and it reveals some interesting information.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] So i Saw this year is coming this boxed set of the 3 book volumes, my question is, this it come with something more? The price is much more buying it together rather then buying one by one.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 05:17 AM PDT

    [S1 E3] Am I the only one who saw that coming ?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    I mean it is a common trope in the time travel genre for messing around with time to have unforeseen consequences. I guessed Chloe would be in an accident. And when William said Chloe was waiting for you, I just knew she'd roll in a wheelchair.

    submitted by /u/Drax343
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Max and Chloe painting !✨ @ayra0114 on Instagram , @AYRA_00 on Twitter✨

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 07:36 PM PDT

    [ALL] What elements to you think LiS characters would use?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    Max: Light

    Chloe: Psychic

    Rachel: Fire

    Kate: Wind

    Warren: Nuclear

    Victoria: Ice

    Nathan: Fire

    Jefferson: Dark

    Frank: Poison

    Joyce: Nature/ Grass

    David: Rock/ Earth

    William: Light

    Brooke: Lightning

    Lyla: Water

    Obviously I didn't cover them all. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Gravatona
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] I am at a loss for what to do now

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 07:47 PM PDT

    Notes- This got very long and rambly, but I had to tell someone so here it is TL:DR - great game, would recommend

    This is my first ever reddit post, and frankly I didn't know where else to turn. I first played Life is Strange back in my sophomore year of highschool, 4 years ago now. During that year I was getting involved in the dating scene for the first time ever, navigating toxic and rocky relationships with friends, S.O.s, and family alike, trying to keep my sports career alive while balancing a GPA that would set me up for an engineering degree at a good college.

    I have always been a bit of a romantic. I spent my youth devouring young adult and teen fantasy/fiction adventure novels during car rides between practices and games. I spent every waking second outside of school and athletics either reading, playing videogames, or day dreaming. Throughout my childhood my entire identity came about by way of me idolizing the characters in the pages of my favorite stories. I picked the best characteristics of each of these beautiful, fictional souls, valuing them as my dearest friends but treating their personalities as if I were grocery shopping. I chose valor and loyalty from Horace of the Rangers Apprentice series. Will and Halt provided me with endless compassion and a grim confidence respectively. From Pendragon, Fablehaven, Divergent, the Percy Jackson series and so, so many more I plucked and harvested the rest of my personality traits. I considered these characters heroic, bordering on perfect. If I could even resemble them, I considered my life a success.

    All this to say, when I was in the deepest darkest pit of my life, struggling with depression and toxicity, self-hatred and a constant, desparate struggle to keep my suicidal and self-harming girlfriend of the time safe and happy, I found this game. Life is Strange swept into my life and destroyed me in a way that I had not felt in a long time. The emotional turmoil that spawned from my playthrough of this game haunted me for years. I went into a downward spiral for the weeks following, trying to evaluate my self worth, my reason for being, and my place in the world. I enjoyed this game so much for what it did to me. I was already at my lowest point, but Life is Strange broke the last of my reserves and allowed me to re evaluate so many parts of my life. Over the next year I managed to skowly extricate myself from my broken and harmful friendships and relationships, both with people and activities in my life. This game set me down a path of happiness that stilk continues today.

    Fast forward four years, Life is Strange has become but a nostalgiac memory, overwhleming emotion dampened to a warm longing over time. I now have a long term supportive girlfriend. I figured out my relationship with my family and fell into a sort of quiet existence where they are concerned. I have loving, banter filled friendships and my life is fundamentally happy. Videogames fill much of my time now especially since the quarantine has been in effect. Despite all the reasons for happiness in my life, I spent the last few weeks feeling overwhelmingly empty. This led to me browsing my steam library, looking for something to make me feel true strong emotion... and that is when my cursor hovered over Life is Strange.

    A slew of memories flashed through my brain like a bolt of lightning, and I immediately began the download. I spent the next 16 hours playing this game, pulling an all-nighter because I could't bear to drag myself away. I explored every inch, took every photograph, interacted with every character, and found every single "look" option that existed. I have never so thoroughly and so passionately wanted to disassemble and enjoy all aspects of a game before, and it took its toll.

    Flash forward to the end, I had a tough decision to make. For the sake of no spoilers I will not divulge what I did, but I will divulge its effects on me. For the first time in as long as I could remember, I sobbed. Deep, heart-wrenching, shoulder heaving sobs. I am a 6'2 athletic man and I am not afraid to admit I sat there for half an hour and cried like a baby. Max, Chloe, Kate, and the whole town had taken up so much real estate in my heart in such a short time, it was bordering on unbelievable. After finishing the game, I discovered and quickly bought BTS, then replayed the main game again. The second time around, my choice changed and the pain was even more apparent.

    I finished Life is Strange for the last time in the forseeable future 8 days ago. In the time since I have picked up two new hobbies, started perfecting old crafts, and read over 1.2 million words of fanfiction about these characters. I have been on such a steep and windy roller coaster of insane emotions, periodic emptiness, and self reflection that I can not adequately describe what I've been experiencing to any of my friends. The games are fantastic, the best I have ever played through (and this coming from someone who would die for the Witcher 3 and has over 10,000 hours in steam). But the fanfics? Holy those are something else. If any authors of Life is Strange fanfics, or even friends of these authors has made it this far through my post, please know how much myself and the community appreciate you. Finishing this game leaves such a hole in your life that fanfics seem to be the only fix.

    I have never seen more positive change happen so quickly in my life than after I interact with the Life is Strange universe. The first time around, four years ago, this game may have very well saved my life. Now, a much more cynical and realistic adult, I wasn't sure if it could possibly affect me in the same way. Boy was I wrong. Get your friends to play this game. Get your significant other to, get your parents and your brothers and your sisters and anyone you care about to meet this beautiful cast of characters and experience what they have to go through. I truly believe anyone with even a modicum of compassion can not survive a playthrough of this game and come out untouched. It strips your defenses away and leaves you raw and aching. It attacks you where you are weakest, and it forces you to look at who you really are.

    Words can not express my love and appreciate for this universe and all the people who grace us by extending it enough. I am happy. I am aching. I am empty. But most of all, I am learning, and a better person because of it.

    This is a bit of a long, rambling, almost incoherent post, but if you identify with what I am saying, have similar experiences or would simply like to talk about this universe and the fanfiction that has stemmed from it, feel free to DM me. I have discord and would love to share my passion for this universe, so if you would like to don't hesitate to hmu.

    Have a hella beautiful day.

    submitted by /u/marxman2748
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Am I the only one who loves Life Is Strange and Life Is Strange 2 EQUALLY???

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 10:52 PM PDT

    Just wanted to bring this into discussion to see how others feel about both games..

    I've played both Life Is Strange games and as a HUGE fan of the series, I wholeheartedly love both games equally despite them being completely different type of games.

    I understand that Max and Chloe's relationship is something special and hard to replicate but I think Sean and Daniel's story was equally as beautiful in its own right.

    Both games had completely different feels, as one was a small town setting while the other was a wild journey in many different places, and I get that a lot of LIS1 fans went into LIS2 hoping to somehow get the same type of storyline and characters, but I truly appreciate both games for what they brought..

    LIS1 made you feel the unwavering love of friendship despite all the years they spent apart, while LIS 2 made you understand the meaning of brotherhood and being there for your family no matter what.. Two very heartfelt relationships that I felt equally connected to..

    I guess I'm just wondering how there's such a split among LIS fans and how it seems like half the LIS1 fans out there absolutely despise LIS2..

    Is it just out of spite for the creators since they decided not to continue Max and Chloe's story, or was LIS2 genuinely a BAD game to those of you who hate on it???

    submitted by /u/strangerthlngz
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Old painting of Hawt Dawg Man✨ @ayra0114 on Instagram , @AYRA_00 on Twitter✨

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    [ALL] What would you think about a fanfic where Sean and Max become a couple?

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    Specific talking about Max in bay ending and Sean in Redemption ending.

    submitted by /u/AshamedPhoto56
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] The music in this game...

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    It's got me listening to the same Life is Strange 2 playlist over & over<3

    submitted by /u/thefuckofgod
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] this song always makes me think of Chloe, lyrically and because it kinda sounds like her before the storm voice actor

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 04:18 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Which life is strange was your favorite?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    [all] I really wanna play life is strange 2

    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 04:05 PM PDT

    but I've watched a video on YouTube of someone playing it and when I found out their dad was dead it really hurt bc my dad died when I was 8, and I have ptsd because of it so I cried like hell n didn't finish the episode.

    is the whole game based around this or is it not touched upon because I really enjoyed the first game and I wanna give this a go.

    thank u ☺️

    submitted by /u/wakaslocka
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment