• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 9, 2021

    Life Is Strange | [no spoilers] My Chloe Price- Life is Strange: Before the Storm cosplay

    Life Is Strange | [no spoilers] My Chloe Price- Life is Strange: Before the Storm cosplay


    [no spoilers] My Chloe Price- Life is Strange: Before the Storm cosplay

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 12:02 PM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] The holy trinity by Veronica Agarwal

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 01:48 AM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] I just finished this incredible game. I loved every detail and decided to make this fanart.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 07:12 AM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] My Duality Awakes. - Fanart by PerryWhite.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 10:03 AM PST

    [ALL] An attempt at analyzing AmberPrice’s relationship in LiS

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 06:18 AM PST

    The general assumption regarding AmberPrice is that Rachel cheated on Chloe because of that infamous scene in Chaos Theory— that because Chloe said she loved Rachel and Rachel loved her that means they were both in a relationship so Rachel sleeping with Frank while still with Chloe makes her a cheater. However, I just don't think that's the case because of these details:

    "It makes me ill that Rachel posed like this for Frank... or wrote him love letters... I can't believe she was banging Frank! Rachel straight up lied to my face! Why didn't she say anything?"

    "Jesus, she was banging that pig Frank! Bitch LIED to my FACE, Max!"

    Both times Chloe placed an emphasis on Rachel lying to her face about Frank, which can only mean that there was actually a conversation between them regarding Rachel and Frank at some point. There was a confrontation, yet Rachel lied when Chloe asked about it.

    However, Chloe wasn't mad because Rachel 'cheated' on her. It was because Rachel lied to her. For both girls, honesty was one the most integral parts in their relationship. Honesty was expected, deserved and respected. So to learn that Rachel who's been historically... scary when she learns her trust has been betrayed, hypocritically doing that to Chloe is a huge slap in the face.

    Next evidence for the non-existent cheating is the letter found in their hideout. The letter clearly establishes that Rachel's hook ups with other people was common for Chloe to hear, which leaves us to assume that they either weren't in a relationship prior her disappearance, or they weren't in an exclusive relationship— but Chloe definitely knew of Rachel's hook ups but preferred not to know (or at least disapproved of). Another detail which supports this inference is the song Santa Monica Dream that Chloe listens to (rmb after the Tempest they could talk about Santa Monica):

    I could call you on the telephone

    But do I really want to know?

    You're making love now to the

    lady down the road

    No, I don't, I don't want to know

    Coincidence? Nah. That was intentional. Max even says ("I didn't expect anything this wistful from Chloe... Maybe it reminds her of Rachel?"). They even have this conversation in Chaos Theory when talking about dating and boys:

    Max: "Was Rachel that popular with everybody here?"

    Chloe: "She blended like a chameleon. Clearly more than I knew... or wanted to know..."

    What next leads me to believe that they at least were in a non-exclusive relationship (and not an unrequited love) is what Frank says regarding the girls' closeness:

    "You and Chloe do not know Rachel like I did and I couldn't even help her."

    Max: "We don't have much time, Frank. Rachel needs you."

    Frank: "It's too late! She's gone! You don't even know her!"

    Chloe: "Like you did? I loved her, asshole. And she loved me. I know that."

    Frank: "Chloe, you don't know shit. You were part of her problem. Always trying to take her away from me... Always!"

    "Rachel cared about a lot of people... especially Chloe..."

    "I knew Chloe and her... were close... I was jealous..."

    That coming from someone Rachel had written love letters to and posed half naked and probably slept with? Chloe and Rachel must've been close for a full grown man to be jealous of their relationship. Even Jefferson at one point tells Max ("They're fucking together in heaven right now. Is that what you wanna hear?") which can be used as an inference that even Rachel had confided to him about her relationship with Chloe.

    What completes my conclusions that Chloe didn't see what Rachel did as cheating is the fact that she still wanted Rachel to go on a road trip with her and Max. I mean, really, someone who just discovered their partner's been cheating on them is a big betrayal and it'd take days at least before the anger and hurt dies down. And yet it only took one day before Chloe calmed down and forgave Rachel.

    Another detail which I think is interesting to consider is the fact that Chloe actually had condoms with her (6 months after Rachel disappeared). Whether it was for Rachel or other partners, it still means Chloe was hooking up with other people at that point (or thinking of) which means they likely weren't exclusive.

    I mean honestly, there's no such thing as cheating if you're mutually not exclusive anyway. And in this case it seems mutual since Chloe did seem to know about Rachel's promiscuity. If we count what happens in BtS, then it's most likely their relationship just evolved into a non-exclusive relationship.

    It still doesn't erase the fact that Rachel still betrayed Chloe's trust and ultimately hurt her with all the secrecy. But Chloe forgiving Rachel so quickly and still wanting her back (despite having feelings for Max at that point) is something that I think should be taken into consideration regarding their relationship and the context of what happened before Rachel's disappearance. Though why Rachel would openly tell Chloe about her hook ups with other guys (and planned to about Jefferson), but not Frank, that I can't be certain of— but I just personally headcanon that she was probably doing a job for Frank like Chloe did in BtS and was taking advantage of the man's lust for her to help with Chloe's debt (which imo is one of the most saddest things about Rachel if this was the case). One thing's for sure though is that Chloe definitely loved Rachel and wanted more, and Rachel's love for Chloe out of everyone she'd been with was the most purest, innocent and genuine, but ultimately it was her desperation to leave town and putting herself first that was her priority, and that eventually led to being exploited by Jefferson and murdered.

    But of course, this is all just an attempt at analyzing their relationship with the details the game provided. I'm only about 70% sure about my inferences regarding their relationship in LiS so I'm open to changing my mind if there's a constructive counterpoint to them.

    submitted by /u/Zeroprofessional
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Songs that remind me of Life is Strange characters

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 08:47 AM PST

    [NO SPOILERS][Repost] Together again (by me)

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 07:02 AM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] Best Odd Pairing

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 01:24 PM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] What was your first thoughts about Life Is Strange and what made you compelled to play/watch through the game?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 03:56 AM PST

    I was thinking a lot about how I got into Life is Strange and was wondering what everyone else's experience was too. I remember finding out about it on the Xbox 360 Market store and I saw a screenshot of the game of Chloe Price holding a gun (I'll Provide the Picture in the comments) and I was very curious about what the game was about. I then looked it up online and found Jacksepticeye's play through of episode 1 and was very interested of the feel and vibe of the game. I then waited for rest of the episodes to come out, before I bought the game myself only watching Jacksepticeye's play through of it. I even got some friends of mine to be invested in it as well and we would always talk about it when a new episode came out. I rarely go back to the game anymore, but I will always have a special place in my heart for the game, it felt nostalgic even when I discovered it for the first time and the characters while not the best written are still ones that I feel attached too. So what's everyone's feelings about the first Life Is Strange game, do you still love it or hate it and what made the game stick out to you?

    submitted by /u/OhhKoilMej
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] A collection of my Amberprice shitposts from tumblr

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 07:08 PM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] I was driving through the real Oregon town that LiS is based off of, I'd bet Chloe and Max went here a few times as kids

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 06:15 PM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] This song sounds like it was pulled directly from a Life is Strange game

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 08:48 PM PST

    [ALL] LiS 1...Dark Room Poll (Part 2)

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 07:17 PM PST

    Which of the following your favorite scene:

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Weeeeee711
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] LiS 1...Dark Room Poll (Part 1)

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 03:01 PM PST

    Which of the following was your favorite scene.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Weeeeee711
    [link] [comments]

    [S1] Sadness & Sorrow over Chloe ending

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 12:03 AM PST

    [BtS] Remix on Flaws from Before the Storm OST

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:20 PM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] Is there anywhere to buy lis2 stickers?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 02:12 PM PST

    I recently got a new sketchbook and I want to put lis2 stickers on it but I don't know where to buy them in packs if there are any.

    submitted by /u/akward_potato1122
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment