• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 16, 2021

    Life Is Strange | [ALL] The fury in Before the Storm by Paularized

    Life Is Strange | [ALL] The fury in Before the Storm by Paularized


    [ALL] The fury in Before the Storm by Paularized

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 06:35 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] My take on another Afterlaughs classic

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 09:27 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Just realized that they fixed it

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 01:57 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] I wanted to draw me on a date with Chloe in the Two Whales Part 2

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 07:56 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Bang by 사프

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 06:44 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Kate And Max

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 01:36 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] LIS REMASTERED trailer song

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 04:17 AM PDT

    [ALL][BtS] Soundtrack

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 08:46 AM PDT

    I haven't finished playing LIS 2 yet, and I can already conclude that LIS BTS has the BEST soundtrack out of all of them, I absolutely fell in love with it. What do y'all think?

    My personal favorites are:

    No Care - Daughter Burn it Down - Daughter

    Through The Cellar Door - Lanterns on the Lake

    Are You Ready for Me - Pretty Vicious

    Don't Mess With Me - Brody Dalle

    I feel like You Stupid B*tch by Girl in Red could've worked into the game well, too. Not to beat a dead horse but I would love to see another game with Chloe and Max soon, I only started playing about a week ago and I'm obsessed with their story.

    submitted by /u/Hitchbones
    [link] [comments]

    [S1 E2] The big conversation at the end of LiS Episode 2 is so tonedeaf and selfish that it borders on offensive

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 08:33 AM PDT

    Hello! Minor prelude about my background with the game before I get to the meat of things. I was extremely excited for LiS before it launched. Having loved Remember Me and being very into the premise and setting of the game having just gotten out of highschool a couple years prior, I was absolutely on board from day 1. I adored episode 1, enjoyed episode 2 up until the end and then episode 3 just turned me off during the last half of it so I didn't continue with the game.

    Its always stuck in the back of my mind though because of all the things I loved about the game. I've finally been replaying it all these years later as I've been excited for True Colors and want to binge the franchise before it releases. While I've completely forgotten why I disliked ep3 so much back then, I just finished episode 2 and the final conversation upset me far more now than it did originally to the point where I turned the game off and considered not playing it to the end.

    I'll also say that if this moment resonated with you, more power to you. This is just me expressing my frustrations with how it was handled, but if you got something positive from it then I am very glad! My criticism is subjective, as is anyones.

    I think the conversation is so poorly handled and so disgusting in its focus that it borders on offensive. The idea of talking Kate down is a fantastic moment and I love that Max's powers become both extremely heightened in this moment and also entirely useless because of the emotional heights being experienced. Not being able to superhero her way through the scenario is a wonderful decision conceptually. But again, the conversation is just tone deaf beyond belief.

    It starts off well enough, she respects Kate's wish for distance and starts off by saying she is wanted. The conversation is about respecting Kate and being there for her.

    Right after this though, it goes off the rails. The next 30-40% of the conversation is Max telling Kate about these small and ultimately pointless kind things that SHE did for Kate without Kate knowing. Max shifts the subject of the conversation onto herself and is REWARDED for doing so by Kate telling her that Max totally did do a good thing without her knowing and that she should be grateful to Max.

    "No don't kill yourself I did erased a white board and sone lipstick off a mirror"

    "Oh yeah you're totally right I had no idea bad things were even written let alone that you got rid of them thanks Max you're dope I won't kill myself now."

    That's what the conversation is saying now and its disgusting. Kate isn't contemplating suicide, she isn't conflicted with her decision. She has already jumped and Max has seen this first hand. She is at the point of being so helpless that she is going to end her life. Not thinking of ending her life, she is going to do it. But instead of her being the focus of the conversation, Max makes herself the subject and tells Kate things that she should be grateful and happy Max did for her.

    If Kate lashed out at Max's absurd lack of empathy and selfishness here I would be fine but again, she is REWARDED for doing this. Its absolutely disgusting how Max and by extension you the player are being patted on the back fir doing the absolute bare minimum of kindness. You didn't laugh at her and erased some things on a board, congrats you stopped a suicide!

    I know I'm repeating myself a lot here but I really want to stress just how disgusting this is on every level imaginable.

    But what about the rest of the conversation, you might ask? Well it isn't much better, unfortunately. She gets upset at you for earlier saying she shouldn't go to the police so you can find more proof, only for you to get her to drop that point when you simply repeat what you said about still needing more proof. She suddenly believes you not for citing your findings - because you have none - but because... Reasons? Again, you telling her that is one of the reasons she's supposed to be up there right now. It made her feel hopeless, abandoned and alone. But suddenly the same statement makes her feel hopeful seconds before she is going to jump?

    "You told me I didn't have a chance with getting justice if I went to the police now. You made me feel hopeless."

    "Ok but remember I said maybe we'll catch him in the future! I may not have any proof right now but like I said earlier I'm sure we'll find some!"

    If you did tell her to go to the cops she doesn't go to them but instead - despite literally being seconds away from jumping and not just considering jumping - you telling her to go to the cops again somehow makes her feel better. Its absolutely gross. Again, the focus is "Max the savior of Kate" and not Kate herself. Kate is a prop to make Max feel like a hero.

    And the end, with tou telling her she should totally not kill herself because it will make her family sad as if that's not something universally considered a horribly shitty thing to say to someone with suicidal ideations in real life. Somehow Max telling her that her family will miss her is more impactful than Kate herself considering that for who knows how long before making the decision to jump. If you remind her of the wrong family member don't worry though, just tell the devout church girl who is a born again Christian and reads the bible what her favorite bible verse is. You, a non-Christian, unrelated party who has barely talked to her let alone discussed her faith with her can talk her down just by reminding her of the words she has lived her life on for 18 years.

    It isn't her love of God that saves Kate's life, its Max.

    The entire conversation revolves around Max. Did you do the ultimately insignificant nice things without telling Kate? Cool now you'll tell her so she can say you're so nice. Did you tell her to go to the cops? Cool, she still feels helpless but you can remind her that you give such good advice! Did you say her family will miss her? Cool, you saved a life by doing something that is largely considered by almost everyone to be a disgusting and tonedeaf thing to say. Did you - a non-believer - tell her what her favorite bible verse was? Congrats you're more convincing than God himself!

    The very premise of having this conversation is flawed as you see her jump. She is not at the point of no return, she is passed it. But the way the conversation is handled makes it go from bad, to outright offensive.

    As someone who has struggled with depression and suicidal ideation for almost 16 years, as someone who has been hospitalized multiple times for both attempts and strong ideation that made me unsafe to be alone, this conversation is a slap in the face. It is everything wrong with how people view this topic.

    So yea, here's my incredibly wordy post. Wanted to get this off of my chest. I left some things unsaid, but I think I've said enough to make my point.

    submitted by /u/Illuvial
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] An edit I made titled "For You"

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 10:15 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] I wanted to draw me being on a date with Chloe in the Two Whales

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 05:54 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Life is Strange: True Colours: How Do Alex’s Powers Compare to Max and Daniel?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    I wrote this after the Square Enix Presents event. Would love to know your opinions on the powers throughout the series!

    submitted by /u/RainbowMachete
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] True colors trailer revealed too much

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 02:56 AM PDT

    For a game of 5 episodes ( I could be wrong ) I think that they revealed a bit too much in the trailer. Just compare LIS1 Trailer on GameSpot's channel and LIS TC trailer, it's just a big difference. They revealed that Steph is going to be in the game, that Alex's brother dies. Even though LIS1 is about murder too, they didn't reveal much in comparison to TC. ( btw LIS1's trailer is a masterpiece ) Your opinions?

    submitted by /u/Desertt__
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Fan Fic /w Max and Chloe

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 08:40 PM PDT

    Hey everyone! I've completed Before the Storm and LIS1 and to fill this void in my life now, I need some fan-fiction!

    Although I chose the sacrifice Chloe ending, I'd prefer fan-fics about Chloe and Max after the sacrifice Arcadia Bay ending. I very much want a story about Chloe and Max's relationship.

    Alternatively, I'd prefer fan-fics that would focus in their relationship maybe in an AU!

    Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/TheGaygenda
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Saw this repost on Instagram yesterday, anyone knows the original source of this fan art?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 04:02 AM PDT

    [BtS] Why is Eliot literally broken in Before The Storm? His model looks straight up bugged, being a dick doesn't justify it

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 03:15 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] How good/bad do you think True Colours will be?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 02:47 AM PDT

    Have ye little faith? Or- or a lot of faith? How many faiths do you got is what I'm trying to ask.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/ComprehensiveMirror5
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] What Character Would You Like A Spinoff Episode About?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    If you want you can say why and/or what you'd like the premise to be (comments are free real estate for spoilers but the poll isn't)
    Note: I didn't add Max or Chloe because I just wanted to do non-played characters

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/BiLieCry
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment