• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 10, 2020

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] Dark Room by SaraDeek

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] Dark Room by SaraDeek


    [NO SPOILERS] Dark Room by SaraDeek

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] My Chloe Price cosplay by Sawaka

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    [No Spoilers] The events of Life is Strange episode 4, Dark Room, occurred 7 years ago today!

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    [No spoilers] I had a good look for Max but couldn't see her.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    [S1] I'm sorry, Chloe. - Fanart by Dragoonwys.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:29 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Golden Hour (Moment of Calm Animation)

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    [ALL] hey everyone! I host a podcast, and we finally got around to discussing Life is Strange 2! This game was such a rollercoaster, so we hope you enjoy!

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    [ALL] Hello, pal. I'm new here. My art of Chloe Price and Max Caulfield.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 12:30 AM PDT

    [ALL] When a reset is a spoiler ��

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 07:42 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Santa Monica Dream. - Fanart by AninhaT-T.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:23 PM PDT

    [All] Who is the most evil antagonist in your opinion?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 07:14 AM PDT

    If the most evil antagonist is none of these characters in your opinion, then write their name in commemt.

    [Forgot to add that weed farm owner Merril & Big Joe. 🙁]

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/BBVLN
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Does the disc come with all episodes?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 02:07 PM PDT

    I played the first episode on xbox for free and wanted to get the other episodes. If I buy the disc pre owned does it come with the other episodes or do I still have to buy it like dlc?

    submitted by /u/BoogieFlingersSmurf
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] The Mastermind (by me)

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    [S1] A question about Rachel Amber

    Posted: 10 Oct 2020 03:53 AM PDT

    When Max first entered Chloe's room and found that little box that had a picture of Chloe And Rachel, and Chloe got angry because of Max was looking in her stuff ( you know the scene) i remember Chloe saing that Rachel last words to Chloe are "i met someone that will change my life forever" so the question is i don't think that Rachel was planning to go to the dark room and im wondering who was that guy that "changed her life"?

    btw i just finished plaing S1 and BtS And soory for bad english NO EMOJI

    submitted by /u/deamonslayer70
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Hard question

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    If you had a choice, who would you spend the rest of your strange life with?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Btoluis
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Favorite Playthroughs?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    So I had this chat with someone in another thread, about watching playthroughs of the first game, either as a coping mechanism, as a way to relive it again or any other reason..

    Here are some of my favorite playthroughs :)

    What are your favorite playthroughs of Lis?

    submitted by /u/LordDz
    [link] [comments]

    [S1 E5] https://youtu.be/M2N55Y-WsEg This Choice upset a lot of people. People, including me, picked it out of love for Chloe. Here's that scene with my Custom LIS Song, "Something More".

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    [ALL] How does David Madsen finding the Dark Room in ‘the last reality’ make sense?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 04:17 PM PDT

    Hey all, I just finished my first playthrough of the game. There is so much to say and discuss, but first I really would like to get something cleared up I didnt understand while playing.

    In the first half of episode 5, Max quickly moves from one reality to another. If I remember correctly, this is what happens:
    -We start the game in the 'normal' timeline, the way episode 4 ended.
    -Through various shenanigans, we come back in the classroom scene from ep1, SMS Madsen, and give the 'Everyday Heroes' photo to Jefferson. This made sure Jefferson got arrested, Chloe was never killed, Max actually never ended up in the Dark Room at all, and we go with Principal Wells to LA.
    -Now Chloe was in danger in Arcadia Bay, so we went back in time to safe her by ripping the photo in half. This meant no Everyday Heroes trip, but this also means no SMS to David, right? Because this reality of ripping the contest photo in half nullifies the other reality.
    -Now everything unfolds as it did originaly in ep1-4 and we end up in the Dark Room with Chloe dead.

    But... then why does Madsen come in? How did he know?
    Basically my question comes down to this: how does it make sense that Max is in the dark room, but she still could have notified David Madsen? Because if she could have notified him, she would have also known what happened and she wouldnt have ended up in the Dark Room in the first place.

    So, assuming this is not an inconsistency, what am I missing here?

    submitted by /u/cancelaratje
    [link] [comments]

    [S1] Finished my second playthrough of 'Life is Strange' more than a week ago, and I have a little confession... (discussion/mini-review)

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    Yeah, I took my time getting round to it, but I felt like doing another one of these. This won't be quite as much me gushing over the game, like I did with my recent first playthrough of BtS, seeing as this is not my first time experiencing this story.

    That's not to say I didn't love it, or get emotional as hell - this game is so endearing for how raw, emotional, and unapologetically itself it is. As well as that, the emotional impact of the game was only strengthened by having played BTS this time! Even though I've been through it before, I swear I deliberated over that ending choice for a full 10-15 minutes (even longer than last time!). However, I chose 'Sacrifice Chloe' again. I'm sorry, even if it really hurt and I love her so much, I couldn't justify letting an entire town die, even for her...

    As to the little confession I have, which might get me ripped apart on this subreddit: before this playthrough, I NEVER shipped Max and Chloe. Like, at all. It sounds so weird to say that, because now I ship them like they're bloody soulmates! Especially after that ending kiss... I don't know, I just always saw the story as former best friends reconnecting, not reconnecting and discovering attraction between them. No idea what changed in me in the three years between playthroughs, but I have such a different view of the story and characters, I feel like I've seen through the goddamn Matrix.

    There we are. My second playthrough was quite different from my first, in terms of how I viewed the story and characters, but I still love the emotional rollercoaster that is 'Life is Strange', after all this time. I won't keep you much longer, I just thought I'd include, like last time, a little mini review with my general thoughts on the game (positives top, negatives bottom):

    • Max and Chloe's relationship is the story's true heart, and arguably the main reason to play the game - adorable, yet complex and nuanced
    • Majority of the cast is good (if not great), with some brilliant character development (especially for Max)
    • Powerful, relatable themes explored well through the characters
    • Story takes a lot of interesting twists and turns - the central mystery, even to someone who knows the story, is still intriguing and disturbing
    • Gameplay hammers home the importance of your choices - this helps the story's focus on actions having consequences
    • Gameplay also serves well the purpose of keeping you in Max's perspective, which in turn helps you connect to her
    • Great soundtrack - licensed tracks help create a real 'indie' vibe for the game, original score gives the game it's own unique sound
    • Atmospheric as hell - cinematography, environment design and sound design are all well done
    • Dialogue (apart from some bad moments and PROPERLY bad slang here and there) is fine overall

    • Doesn't put its best foot forward - Episode 1 is still quite good (and has an ICONIC intro), but the game does get better as it goes along

    • Some minor characters kind of forgettable

    • Villains enjoyable for what they are, and somewhat interesting, but not enough depth is there to make them truly compelling

    • 5 years have, inevitably, aged it - graphics themselves are just alright, slight framerate issues, other little technical/design hiccups

    I thought I'd put this as a discussion again, as I welcome agreements/disagreements, or just thoughts in general!

    submitted by /u/star_gazer96
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment