• Breaking News

    Friday, January 24, 2020

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] S2 E2 Rules was released a year ago!!. - Fanart by Leopold.

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] S2 E2 Rules was released a year ago!!. - Fanart by Leopold.


    [NO SPOILERS] S2 E2 Rules was released a year ago!!. - Fanart by Leopold.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 08:02 AM PST

    [ALL] You got a crush on me or something? By DorianPavus

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 09:46 AM PST

    [No spoilers] You can now download all my Life is Strange work HD (nicefieldSFM)

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 12:50 PM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] Alcohol Problems. - Fanart by Leopold.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 12:32 PM PST

    [No Spoilers] I didn’t know this was coming today and now I’m happy ��

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 10:47 AM PST

    [All] My life feels empty after finishing everything LiS

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 01:44 AM PST

    These games were a real blast, and while playing them I actually felt happy, very happy actually. I first tot BtS, loved it, and then Life is Strange and Life is Strange 2... these games, the universe, the story.. they were amazing... but after finishing it all I feel hella empty.

    submitted by /u/GoblinGuy3
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Pop Culture influences on your "Polarized" choice

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 08:28 AM PST

    As a preface, I'm saying [ALL] spoilers not just for LIS, CS, BTS, LIS 2, and the comic, but kinda ALL as in... ALL. The subject here, by its nature, requires some candid discussion of events in film and television and other media that influenced you. Use good judgment - if it's old enough or ubiquitous enough in pop culture, I wouldn't worry about it. If it's a fundamental ruinous plot point or something reason, you probably should.

    That said, what I'm curious about is what shows, movies, games, or books or art or music you've consumed that influenced how you reacted to the "BAY vs. BAE" choice at the end of Life is Strange. It's no secret that the authors had a lot of influences from popular culture in creating the game - they literally pepper the parking lot with hat tips to them. But we, as consumers of popular fiction, are also in some ways the sum of our influences.

    And I don't want to just here from people who agree with me, if you picked the other ending, and one or more specific things came to mind from your own history as a fan/reader/viewer, by all means.

    As some of you may know, I picked BAE - I sacrificed Arcadia Bay and saved Chloe's life. I play that pretty close to the vest and don't talk about it often but we're in a safe space here and I feel I can be honest with you about this otherwise closely held secret.

    Here are a few things in no particular order that looking back I realize helped shape my thinking and feeling about the scenario:

    Buffy the Vampire Slayer

    Prior to LIS and for the better part of 20 years, the "Buffyverse" has been one of my shiniest obsessions. I have encyclopedic knowledge of its lore and trivia, I don't know if there's a single episode I haven't watched a dozen or more times, I even was bonkers for it's high-rate-of-quality-decay canonical comic continuation seasons.

    And of all these, I think my favorite episode always has been and remains "The Gift". The Season 5 finale marked the end of the show's run on WB before changing networks and was written with the idea of being a series finale and it showed. But there is a moment that comes squarely to mind in "Polarized". In this story, the heroes are faced with an evil hellgod who plans to perform a ritual in order to return to her home dimension. The process of doing so will mean tearing down the walls between all dimensions, including demonic hell dimensions, so that while she saunters through to her home, everybody else is screwed. Problem? She has to perform this ritual on the title character's supernaturally created sister. The only apparent way to prevent this apocalypse, though, is to just kill her sister outright before it can begin.

    Obviously, this is a major hang-up and we have a set-up much similar to the end of LIS in a lot of ways. We have a catastrophe that's not really within the power of our characters to prevent, other than by intentionally taking the life of an innocent. And not just an innocent, a beloved. The argument here escalates and escalates, culminating with Buffy's mentor gently admonishing her that if their enemy succeeds in starting the ritual, "every living creature in this and every other dimension imaginable will suffer unbearable torment and death. Including (your sister)."

    It's Buffy's answer to this that pounded in my heart as the crescendo built to the end of LIS, where the stakes are presented as possibly apocalyptic, or at least ongoing: "then the last thing she'll see is me protecting her."

    See, it would be wrong to kill her sister because she's an innocent; it would be wrong to kill her sister because it would be a betrayal. Her sister, too, like Chloe is heroically ready to face this, and like Chloe, it really doesn't matter if it's not in her power to decide it anyway. If there was storm today, a random engine fire tomorrow, a serial killer the week after, and all the forces of fate and caprice of angry gods were going to come after Chloe, I knew that - as Max - the last thing she'd see, then, would be "me" protecting her.

    Fight Club

    This one is a bit tangential, but the BAE ending has a very Fight Club energy to me. I won't even begin to get into the central plot mechanics of that story, but sufficed to say, the climax is built as a race against time to stop an anarchist group from blowing up a whole lot of skyscrapers to destroy financial records yadda yadda anticapitalism-cakes. The main character is the only one with a credible chance to do this but has a Whole Lot of Existential Baggage and ultimately... isn't able to. It all was probably his fault, and he wishes he could have stopped it, but at the end of the day there were too many obstacles between him and the goal and while he accomplished a different, important sort of victory, in the end, he and his kinda-girlfriend can only hold hands and watch the rain of destruction as a memorable banger plays into the credits.

    This was less of an influence before I chose than a comfort after I did, since the imagery was so familiar watching Max and Chloe hold hands. It reminded me that you can have a great story with a tragic outcome but still not feel like the protagonist is the actual worst. It's sort of a participation trophy as an ending; hey, we tried. We really did fucking try.

    The Cabin in the Woods

    Yeah, this is probably the most bluntly on point. I'd like to think that if in the basement of said cabin, someone were to find a butterfly pendant or Polaroid photo, the events of LIS might have been the required ritual, and that would have a great synergy, because picking BAE would be the effective equivalent of the actual end of the film.

    I'm not actually going to spell this one out - this is a kinda daft movie but it's entertaining as hell to watch blind. Sufficed to say, I thought the right choices were made at the end of the film, even with higher stakes, and as I have said in many "Buffy" related contexts, and said about this movie, and about LIS - the world actually deserves better than to be saved in filthy ways.

    The Avengers: Infinity War

    We don't trade lives, Captain.

    There are probably more but I'm swimming close to the character limit fatigue zone so I'll limit it there. What have you read or watched that informed you saying "this is the right thing to do?" at the end of LIS?

    submitted by /u/StormofCretins
    [link] [comments]

    [S1 E2] Come Join! Blind Playthrough

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 10:56 AM PST

    https://twitch.tv/robbie_hall gonna play through the entire season within the week! Come watch and follow if you enjoy.

    submitted by /u/Robbie457
    [link] [comments]

    [BtS] My cover of No Care by Daughter. My nose was blocked AF when i recorded this so please dont expect it to be perfect xD

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 10:37 AM PST

    [No Spoilers] Hella excited to hang this up! :D

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 04:50 PM PST

    [No Spoilers] Finishing up a Max drawing. I'm pleased!

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 04:59 PM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] What kind of game could Life is Strange 3 be?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 07:49 AM PST

    We've already had a mystery and an adventure, what else could be befitting for the usual merry roster of teen misfits?

    submitted by /u/Sir-Mister
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] S2 e3

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 09:55 AM PST

    Do you think Cassidy and the others knew exactly what happened in Seattle?

    submitted by /u/chocolategurrl
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] You got unlimited budget, resources and license to everything Life is Strange. What would you produce?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 02:46 AM PST

    You have finally become infinitely rich - and Sqeenix gave you license to everything Life is Strange, including games, used music, comic books, merchandise - all of it! Dontnod studios and Deck Nine Games are fully at your disposal, including all voice over talent. And since you are infinitely rich you can purchase rights to fan-fictions, pay any writer, musician, animation or game studio. Simply any artist - even those who never do any work for hire.

    What do you produce? What do you have made? Since your wealth is infinite, you do not have to worry about commercial success or reception. And since we are fantasizing here - it would always result in the best version imaginable of that project!

    I want to hear your craziest dream LiS projects. <3

    submitted by /u/Milia_Malae
    [link] [comments]

    [S2 E5] What should I expect from the ending?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 04:10 AM PST

    So my birthday is coming soon and I thought I would like to play the 5th episode of LIS2. I decided to ask you guys if the ending is very-very sad or not? Because I don't wanna cry on my birthday, haha. I don't want to kill my mood. So can you please tell me what the ending feels like? Sad, happy, disappointing or something else?

    Also worth noting that I'm shipping Sean and Finn...If they will not appear together in episode 5- I can bear it. But if the game doesn't let you be with Finn, BUT suggest a romance with Cassidy only...I will be pissed. Warn me if something like this is coming pls, so I avoid playing it on my birthday in this case, lol. I'm going to play Episode 4 today, but still not sure if I need to play the final one on the special day. Try to avoid massive spoilers as much as you can, when answering my question, pls
    P.S. sorry for my poor english

    submitted by /u/odonis
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Functional Max's Polaroid Camera IRL.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 01:46 PM PST

    [No spoilers] I'd rather have a life of 'oh well's than a life of 'what if's

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 02:35 PM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] Finally got my LiS tattoo!

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 12:07 PM PST

    [no spoilers] Steam key for lis2

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 11:50 PM PST

    I got my collector's edition box yesterday and I didn't see a steam key. I tried clicking the link in the email and it doesn't show anything. Did anyone else have this problem?

    submitted by /u/OneCreepyAssWeekend
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment