• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 22, 2020

    Life Is Strange | [No Spoilers] What a surprise to come home to. Wasn't expecting this till at least Feb 4th!

    Life Is Strange | [No Spoilers] What a surprise to come home to. Wasn't expecting this till at least Feb 4th!


    [No Spoilers] What a surprise to come home to. Wasn't expecting this till at least Feb 4th!

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 07:50 AM PST

    [ALL] Recently I’ve readdicted myself to LIS, but this time I’ve been making fanart

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 10:03 AM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] My version of the LiS 2 loading icon, freshly done at Handworkers Studio in Olympia, WA

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 07:19 PM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] Life is 2-D; A playable Gameboy demo of LiS, as a 90's era RPG

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 06:24 AM PST

    Life is 2-D: A Gameboy prototype.

    What do I need?

    You should be able to play through this on your very own web browser. Simply head over to;

    https://lifeis2d.itch.io/life-is-2-d

    And click within the game window.

    I want to have this to play on Windows/emulator/actual hardware/etc

    This is the ROM for Life is 2D.

    https://mega.nz/#!WBxhmYQR!mlXsP9VNsD8qXpd7Zn9Qj1u4HSrc5F09NugVOtoWQ-E

    It should work with any Gameboy emulator, on any OS or phone - or even a flash cart although I haven't tested that due to not having one - and it should run on even the most terrible laptop, tablet, whatever. But for simplicity on Windows, I'd go with Kigb.

    http://kigb.emuunlim.com/kigb_win.zip

    Unzip, run the kigb.exe, load the "Life is 2D (Prototype 1).gb" ROM from the file menu. It's that simple. When finished, the demo will return to the main menu. The continue option/save aren't implemented yet, just placeholders.

    What is Life is 2-D?

    Life is 2-D is a very early stages recreation of the original Life is Strange, attempting to transplant as much of the story and elements into an original Gameboy-compatible RPG as possible. It is intended to be also emulate the style of things like the original Pokemon Blue/Red, Link's Awakening, etc while doing so. Right now, it is a mixture of sample art assets from GB Studio, and some very basic new artwork. It is quite literally a few screens, recreating the first few minutes of the actual game, made while learning how the (very excellent and beginner friendly - and FREE!) GB Studio works, and the creation of the assets. There are differences and added "dialogue", hung together fairly loosely to serve this purpose.

    If you're expecting more than a few minutes, or professional and polished, best walk away now. ;) I am strictly an amateur, seeing if I can get something recognisable as both LiS and 90's Gameboy RPG and ultimately I want to be able to just run this on an actual Gameboy/ColoUr/GBA - which should already be possible. Hopefully, I will continue, patch this up to a higher standard, and implement more of the game. I'm doing this entirely for fun bashing things together in a few hours. Hopefully it'll raise a smile from those who remember what these things were like, if nothing else. For now, this is "Can LiS be done in this style?" - no more, no less. Enjoy or ignore this little demo/prototype - and that is all it is right now - as you see fit.

    How to play: If you've played one of these games before, you'll know how it works. If not; The "Gameboy" A button to interact with signs etc, up/down/left/right, and that's about it. I've tried to add in some hints or "flavour text" on the signs.

    Life is... two dimensional.

    submitted by /u/FluffySorbet
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Max and Chloe in New York after the storm

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 10:25 PM PST

    [ALL] Captain Spirit by Christian Tartaglia

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 02:38 PM PST

    [No spoilers] The only one?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 07:02 PM PST

    Am I the only one who thoroughly enjoyed the story in LIS2? It seems like a lot of people didn't like it for some reason. :( I know it's not Chloe and Max, which I must admit I was pretty bummed about too, but I really loved the relationship between Sean and Daniel, and I think they both saw some character development as the game went on. I can't wait to see what DontNod comes up with next!

    submitted by /u/jossygrrl
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] someone wanna chat about lis 2?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 07:26 PM PST

    cant sleep really well, wanna talk bout lis 2 in general. really liked lis 1 and dont know how to feel about lis 2.

    if u wanna chat just hit me up :)

    submitted by /u/puschki
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] how does Sean become violent in episode 4?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 06:46 PM PST

    Title might be confusing but i had to do it due to community policies, (SPOILERS AHEAD) When daniel is chocking lisbeth to death i dont get the option to shoot lisbeth, can someone tell me what has to be done to unlock that option? Im on my 4th play through and still dont know how to do this.

    submitted by /u/cluelessflier
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Question about LIS 2 Collector's Edition for the non-U.S. players that have it already.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 06:21 PM PST

    I ordered the Xbox One Collector's Edition. The website says the you get the Standard Edition plus a separate vinyl bundle. My shipping email I received today says the Standard Edition shipped. Was anyone else sent the two things at different times?

    UPDATE: Turns out it was just a mistake in the email they sent me. The wrong edition was listed and customer service confirmed I was receiving the full Collector's Edition.

    submitted by /u/hopesdead
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment