• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 27, 2020

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] Victoria with glasses by QTori

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] Victoria with glasses by QTori


    [NO SPOILERS] Victoria with glasses by QTori

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:11 AM PST

    [No spoilers] I tryed to draw Cassidy, but I'm too lazy)

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 09:19 PM PST

    [S1] Interesting article on player choice / multiple game endings...

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 10:32 AM PST

    https://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/2179/the_designers_notebook_how_many_.php

    A bit dated (2004) but still relevant in theory. A lot of the article isn't directly applicable to LiS, but there are parts that are super resonant. In particular, LiS 1 came to mind near the end, with this passage:

    "[If your game's story / ending is highly influenced by player choice], you can go in many more directions, but be doubly careful here. The emotional power of an important event is diminished if you can go back in time and unmake that event. Starcraft ended with a heroic character sacrificing himself for the good of the galaxy, and the player could do nothing to prevent it. That moment would have been far less touching if the player could simply reload and choose a happier outcome. There are times when a player shouldn't be given a decision; it reduces the impact of your game. "

    This made me think of bay v bae - in many ways, as much as many of us ship Chloe x Max (myself included), choosing to save Arcadia Bay feels like the "right answer" or, rather, the answer the developers would have us favor (as it has more closure, it's longer, etc). I wouldn't advocate taking the choice out of the game, but I do wonder if it could be improved.

    submitted by /u/justmaybe4
    [link] [comments]

    [No spoilers] I killed Lisa the plant in LiS, but I got to redeem myself in Death and Taxes at least!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 01:46 PM PST

    [No Spoilers] How does everyone feel about higher frame rates?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 05:32 AM PST

    I recently upgraded to a nice 144hz monitor for my PC and decided it was about time I added the Life is Strange series to my PC games library.

    Having only ever played it on console, I guess I was just used to the 30fps/cinematic feel of the series. I think BtS had a high frame rate option for PS4Pro, but I didn't know about that until after I beat the game.

    So, I load up Chrysalis and see it running at 144hz, which is impressively smooth, make no mistake, but it just feels.... Idk. Off?

    I was wondering if any of you had a similar experience or feelings about which frame rate is ideal for the game or if it even matters.

    For reference, 30fps is a dash choppier and less responsive, whereas 60fps is like Battlefield and Call of Duty buttery smooth and tight, and 144hz is just... Idk it's like Lando Calrissian smooth.

    Just wondering your thoughts.

    submitted by /u/ugtmurfd
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Quick question about Mr.Jefferson for episode 5

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 04:02 PM PST

    Was he planning on killing Max after he was done taking photos of her? I ask this question because first, she knew of the dark room and would've remembered it. Second there's an instance where if you warn David too early he will swing the item at your head. Which could've killed her. But then again you could just get a concussion from it. I'm not sure.

    submitted by /u/XcheeseburgersX05
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] got something today! Still waiting on more

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 04:14 PM PST

    [S1] Favorite moment in LIfe is strange

    Posted: 26 Feb 2020 06:26 PM PST

    Mine is chloe and max at the diner

    submitted by /u/lite_runner
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment