• Breaking News

    Friday, March 13, 2020

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] I made this costume right after game premiere - woah, it's been so long! Hope you like it! :D Max costume by Lady Nilin (https://www.instagram.com/lady_nilin/)

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] I made this costume right after game premiere - woah, it's been so long! Hope you like it! :D Max costume by Lady Nilin (https://www.instagram.com/lady_nilin/)


    [NO SPOILERS] I made this costume right after game premiere - woah, it's been so long! Hope you like it! :D Max costume by Lady Nilin (https://www.instagram.com/lady_nilin/)

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] My grandfather saw this picture on my desk and thought Max was my girlfriend

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 08:52 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] I know this is one day late, but I just finished the rest of my Chloe cosplay and wanted to post it for her birthday!

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] I've had these on my wall for quite some time now, thought ya'll might like it

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 12:11 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Do you prefer Chloe Price in grundge style(younger) or in punk style(older)?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 05:45 AM PDT

    [S1 E3] So What Strip Club Would Chloe Take Max To(NSFW)?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    [no spoilers] Need help finding a Rachel Amber wig

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    Hello, so recently I've been absolutely dying to put together a Rachel Amber cosplay but I just can't find any wigs I 100% like the look of. If anyone has some recommendations then I'd really appreciate them, cheers :))

    submitted by /u/tom-fiddlekids
    [link] [comments]

    [S1] [S2] What do you think? Would this have been better?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    [S2 E3] are there multiple endings for that scene at merrill's?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 02:33 PM PDT

    Because I think I kinda fucked that one up. Merrill looking kinda dead, Finn looking kinda dead, Sean got a shard in his eye? The whole place blown to smithereens? Is it supposed to be like that or is there a way to leave everyone unharmed?

    submitted by /u/fynncf
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] What would an ordinary day be like for Chloe?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 08:46 AM PDT

    I'm really interested in what would Chloe do in her daily "life/routine". Who did she hang out with (except Rachel)? And after Rachel disappeared, did Chloe become a loner who stayed at home all day long?

    submitted by /u/Raikov7
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] What pc suit better for Chloe's style?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 03:16 AM PDT

    [No Spoilers] I finally have all limited/collectors edition a of the game! Now to save up for that ridiculously expensive OST vinyl from the first game!

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    [S2] My thoughts on Life is Strange 2

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    Before I begin, I just want to note two things:

    1. This post is going to be kinda long. I'm talking about all 5 episodes here, not just one or two of them.
    2. This post will contain major spoilers for all 5 episodes. Like, character death and ending spoilers, so if you haven't finished Life is Strange 2 yet, you'd be better off finishing it before reading this post.

    With that out of the way, I want to start by talking about the good stuff. The stuff that I liked about this game. This might seem like a silly thing to start with, but as an artist, one of the things I pay the most attention to in a game is it's graphics and it's art style, and in my opinion, LiS 2 was a huge graphical upgrade over the original. At it's core, the art style was the same, but LiS 2 improved upon the art style of the original game. The lighting effected the characters a lot better, making the cutscenes look a lot more cinematic, and more natural. Hair actually moved, and felt more natural, rather than feeling like a solid object, talking animations looked more realistic and natural (most likely due to the characters' having more normal looking teeth), and facial hair looked more like facial hair, and less like weird face paint.

    One thing that Life is Strange in general does well is character writing. Characters don't act stereotypical, they act like real people do. That makes it easy to like, or hate a character from the moment they're introduced, because they might remind you of someone you know IRL. LiS 2 isn't an exception to this. Brody from episode 1 heavily reminded me of someone I know IRL. Someone who acts like a cool uncle to my brothers and I, despite not actually being biologically related to us. He was a cool guy, and I genuinely liked him, because he was a well written character. Another example would be Hank, also from episode 1. I kinda hated him, because from the moment he was introduced, he acted like a dick, and he reminded me of my grandfather a lot. Especially with the line "You're the reason why we need to build that wall". The point is that these characters are written realistically, rather than being "stereotypical web journalist" or whatever.

    I also had a lot of interesting things happen in my playthrough. For example, Chris jumped in front of the police car, and Daniel stopped him from getting hit, and during the robbery, we got caught, but Daniel's outburst saved Finn's life. It wasn't until after I had finished the episodes that I knew that it was possible for Finn to die, regardless of whether or not Daniel has his outburst, or that it was possible for Chris to get hit by the cop car, or for the cop to not even chase us in the first place. These were interesting things I found out that implied that my choices had much bigger impacts on the story than they did in LiS 1, which is awesome. It's also nice to know that I was doing something right, since Daniel never refused to do anything that I asked him to, or told him to, despite it being possible for Daniel to refuse every command you give him.

    I wasn't surprised when I was given a final choice at the end of the game, just like the original LiS, and just like the original LiS, I chose the ending that I knew wasn't morally right, but felt right to me, and I didn't regret it. It was awesome to see Daniel stop bullets like Neo Anderson with his power, and seeing all of those cops go flying, and the cop cars getting flipped over was incredible! I also liked how this ending was less ambiguous and open ended than the Bae ending, which pretty much only tells you that Max and Chloe survived, and left Arcadia Bay. It shows us exactly what Daniel and Sean are doing 6 years later, and it shows us that Daniel continues to use his power, and is badass!

    Speaking of the Bae ending, I liked David's appearance in Episode 5. I didn't recognize him at first, because he didn't look, or sound the same as he did in the original LiS and Before the Storm, but he gave a lot of info about what happened after the Bae ending, which was nice, AND you can eavesdrop on him when he goes into his trailer to talk to Chloe on the phone. It's nice to see how differently they talk to each other now, and how much their relationship has changed over the years. (I might eventually make a post about all of the post-Bae ending information he gives us, if that hasn't already been done).

    With that all said, the game isn't perfect.

    The story wasn't as entertaining as that of the original LiS. It didn't have many recurring characters. Cassidy, Finn, Jacob and Karen are really the only characters who appear in more than 1 episode, some of the moments that feel like they were supposed to be plot twists felt a bit too obvious (like when Daniel got grazed by a bullet in Episode 5), some of the dialogue didn't really make any sense (For example, "See, I'm not the one saying it, he does"), and personally, I didn't really like Sean and Daniel as much as I liked Max, Chloe, and Rachel.

    LiS 2 felt kinda like a TV show with slow plot progression, while the original LiS felt like a series of films or short films with genuinely good cliffhanger endings that left you wanting more.

    One thing that neither of the LiS games really did well was character deaths (with the exception of Chloe's death in the Bay ending.) Characters like Esteban and Mushroom get killed off before you, the player, get a chance to form any kind of emotional bond with them. Just like Kate from the original LiS. The dialogue about her, and Max's feelings of guilt make you feel more sad than her actual death does, and the same thing happens here. Or, maybe I'm just weird and it takes a lot to make me feel sad about a fictional character's death? I'm not sure.

    There's one more interesting thing I'd like to mention: LiS 2 seems like the polar opposite of the original LiS. In the original game, each episode is one day, while in LiS 2, there are a lot of time-skips. Sometimes it only skips a few days, some times it skips a few weeks, and sometimes it skips a few months. In the original LiS, the events of the story were the result of Max's ability, and choice, to save her best friend, while in LiS 2, the events of the story are the result of Daniel's inability to save his father. In the original LiS, only one ending is the consequence of your powers, while in LiS 2, both of the endings are direct consequences of Daniel's power, and Max got the power to save lives, while Daniel got the power to end them.

    Edit: Apparently there are actually 4 different endings, 3 of which have some alternate variations for one of their scenes, so if we're counting those variations, that makes 7 endings, rather than just 2, but they're all still direct consequences of Daniel's power.

    submitted by /u/Shattered_Sans
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Any blind playthroughs of LIS in chronological order?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    going from farewell-BtS-LIS. If anyone knows of any on youtube or whatever please lmk, I'm very curious lol

    submitted by /u/faeeli
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment