• Breaking News

    Monday, August 31, 2020

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] My Chloe Price cosplay

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] My Chloe Price cosplay


    [NO SPOILERS] My Chloe Price cosplay

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:35 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] I’m just really hungry. art by Sutexii on deviantArt

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 05:54 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Max portrait by BlackCrow06

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Whatever's going on between us, it's... intense, and new, and awesome, and... You had the courage to tell me that you feel it, too.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:33 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] "Come Here" by EvYLB

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    [ALL] I was in a very stressful scene and this happened

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:24 PM PDT

    [No Spoilers] 3 years ago to today, Before the Storm episode 1 came out.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:58 AM PDT

    And I still can't believe how this game saved my life during it's the worst times and helped to cope with my depression, social anxiety, school bullying and family abandonment/abuse, eventually reconnecting with my old friends who were deep exactly like how Max and Chloe were and me having a similar shy personality as to Max's and Kate's. I didn't know what I would step into upon picking up LiS after having it downloaded for almost a year and postponing playing it because of various reasons.

    Although I'm still struggling with some of these problems, especially again in 2020 but it's not as bad as it used to be and LiS amplified the healing process. Even though I had heard of LiS since February 2015 from some of my Steam friends and very briefly watching them play it without being spoiled, it took me 2 years to finally experience it.

    I physically can't really cry somehow but I felt it inside in my heart regardless throughout the whole series. This game somehow was almost the exact clone of my life and that made me appreciate it even more.

    Shortly before BtS's release, some of my close friends recommended me to play LiS and how much I'm missing out on it and even preordered BtS - being the first preorder I ever made and I'm so glad I did so. I still listen to some of the LiS soundtrack almost everyday and have been doing that since I finished LiS1.

    After a while, I got into the Discord communities where I also made a lot of new friends along the way and that additionally helped to cope with social anxiety, some other people still even talk in the same server for 2-3 years nearly daily like me and I think it's one of the most wholesome things I could had seen.

    I wish I could thank enough all the people that worked on LiS that made all of this possible. Easily one of the best games I've played in decades and I plan on revisiting it again sometime this year. I also recommended the game to some of my close best friends, they were already intrigued into it and one of them already played it and I can't wait to get to talk about it.

    submitted by /u/UnKn0wN31337
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Chasemarsh Monday: Eskimo Kiss (by Nikodere)

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 05:21 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Life is Strange 2.5??

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Frank and Pompidou. - Fanart by Saaiie.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Happy Birthday Frank! - Fanart by TwdCarlos.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    [ALL] Life is Strange 2 Tattoo

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    [ALL] chloe x max vs chloe x rachel... voice your opinions

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:31 AM PDT

    ive played all of the games and dlc's.. and i personally think that chloe and rachel were actually in love, whereas max and chloes relationship didnt really make sense.. max feels like chloes friend but not her lover, i couldn't feel a love connection between them.. but chloe and rachel had such a strong bond and they instantly matched.. i could see how intense and crazy they were about each other... anyone else agree?

    submitted by /u/joodanonymous
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Reviewing Life is Strange 3, oops, I mean Tell Me Why

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:48 AM PDT

    Folks are always asking for games similar to LiS here, and, well, you can't get a whole lot more similar than Tell Me Why. I went in knowing very little beyond the basic marketing blurb and I think that was the way to go, so the non-spoiler version is if you liked LiS, you will probably like Tell Me Why.

    The first and most confusing thing about this game for me is why is it not a Life is Strange? The gameplay is identical. There are supernatural abilities. The protagonists have a "team name" just like the Diaz bros have the Wolf Brothers, Max and Chloe have their pirate personas and Rachel and Chloe in BTS have the Fighting Muskrats (that scene was cut for time, or possibly a dream I had.) It's episodic, even though it doesn't tell you this up front (it's possible I missed something, but I don't remember seeing "chapter 1" anywhere in-game or on the steam page.) It deals with a pressing social issue of the day and it loves to fawn over pretty landscapes while playing indie music. That's a Life is Strange game right there!

    People have told me not to worry about this, but I do find it conspicuous and odd. I have a few theories.

    A. I've been down-voted for this before, because apparently half the sub works for Square, but my primary theory is Square-Enix, which owns the rights to LiS, didn't want to publish a game about a trans character. Frankly, I still believe this the most likely reason.

    B. There is a perception that a lot of the negative feedback about LiS2 was because fans wanted more Max and Chloe. I don't agree (I dislike 2 for entirely different reasons) but I could see how DN might have become a embittered by the negativity, unfairly blamed pricefield diehards, and just made a conscious decision not to use the name any more.

    C. The developers feel that certain minor details distinguish it from the LiS formula. For instance, the protagonists are both 21 and not in school, whereas every LiS focuses on high school aged characters. Maybe by 21, Life isn't supposed to be Strange any more. There's also no romantic component and ship-bait is definitely a primary ingredient in the LiS gumbo.

    Anyway, and from here out it might get spoilery, I really liked it. Having the two protagonists together for most of the game means that all the "internal monologue" observations that Max or Chloe or Sean would make to themselves are instead opportunities for banter, and I find that really endearing. I'm finding games are at their best when the player has someone to talk to. LiS and BTS are at their best when the girls are together, and in TMW, that appears to be more or less the norm. My only gripe about this system is I wish I could choose when to switch between them. The plot focuses very strongly on Tyler early on, and I felt like Alyson was forced to be a bit of a wallflower as a result. I would have liked more time in her shoes to flesh her out a little more.

    The game is a massive step up in visuals, both for the characters and the environment, but lacks the painterly effect that LiS is known for. The only exception is incidental art, like photos in frames, which looks virtually identical to how those are depicted in LiS. My only knock on the visuals is that I feel like Alyson looks noticeably more realistic than Tyler. It's something about the eyes. The cinematography is as good as it's ever been. There's one flashback in particular that straight up gave me chills.

    The dialog is mostly excellent, although some of the side characters feel like they could have a few more lines. There was one particular convo where you can mind-msg your twin and say, "hey let's go" and she says, "don't you want to ask more questions?" so you go back in, but you still only have the same two questions you did initially. The only moment I felt a tinge of dialog cringe was a particularly cheesey reaction to Tyler's transition that reminded me of the "kids like you are why we need the wall" gaffe from LiS2. However, in this case, the character who says it is a family friend who the twins will likely need again later in the game, and has the excuse of being drunk, both of which add more nuance to the situation than LiS2's random redneck attacks.

    I'm loving the plot. The game has a very subtle moment around the midpoint where the twins are using their powers to replay memories and they both remember the same scene differently. I'm hoping this leads to some fun unreliable-narrator shenanigans later on. Considering how much info the game gives you up front, it's remarkable how solid a mystery they've built by the end of the first chapter.

    My only negative comments are all minor.

    First, I didn't realize I had bought an episodic game until the credits rolled. I was looking forward to digging into this world more over the week, and was unpleasantly surprised to find I could not.

    Second, I feel like we need a LOT more info about what how Tyler managed to successfully transition while in Juvie. Doesn't seem like something a state funded prison would help him with, considering at the time of the arrest, he's a girl with a short hair who has not yet really begun to transition. And then after Juvie, he seems to be in some sort of halfway-house mentorship program specifically for boys. Given how notoriously bad the prison system is with people who are already transgender, this feels like some important development has been hand-waved away. I feel like there would have at least had to be some adult figure as a guardian who would be able to sign off on hormones. Or perhaps we're meant to intuit that Tyler only transitioned over the last 3 years while he was a legal adult, but that still begs the question of who his legal guardian was before that, how that guardian's actions may have impacted his desire to transition, what his communication with Alyson was like, and how Tyler got into this boys-only mentorship program while just starting to transition. When one of the main character's trans identity is such a focal point of the plot, it seems like a weird move to leave so much detail seemingly undeveloped. It's not really germane in the moment, but thinking back on it, the negative space where this detail isn't becomes harder to ignore.

    Third, there's a book the twins and their mother wrote together that serves as a major plot element, but the game kind of dumps it on you as if it expects you to read it cover to cover right in the middle of exploring a house. That doesn't feel very natural. You can pop it up to read it whenever you like, but I feel like this could have been handled more elegantly, like maybe chapters unlock as you go. I dunno. It's not a deal-breaker, just kind of awkward.

    Anyway, looking forward to chapter 2 whenever it comes out and mentally referring to the game is Life is Strange 3, and I don't think I'm likely to be the only one.

    submitted by /u/FortressCaulfield
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Fanfic update bonanza this weekend!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 08:10 PM PDT

    Many of you are already probably subscribed to these, but THREE fantastic stories in progress got updates this weekend:

    All of them are great, and almost every author I've interacted with has said that they are highly motivated by comments from readers. If you are a fan of fan fiction, I'd encourage you to check out all of the above and encourage their authors! I'd also recommend these in-progress fics, even though they haven't been updated for a bit:

    submitted by /u/m477m
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] All episodes on disc in the Japanese LIS2 release?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:05 AM PDT

    Hi everyone.
    Does the Life is Strange 2 PS4 Japanese release include all episodes on disc?

    I searched everywhere and couldn't find any answer. My knowledge of Japanese is extremely limited, but, as far as I'm aware, this version also includes audio and text in English. Seeing as it was released a few months after episode 5 came out, I was wondering if it also included all episodes on disc? Does anyone here have the Japanese release that could confirm this to me? I'd rather purchase this version if this is the case.

    Thank you for your help!

    submitted by /u/lolerplane
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment