• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 5, 2019

    Life Is Strange | [ALL] Double Dare you by Popovajr

    Life Is Strange | [ALL] Double Dare you by Popovajr


    [ALL] Double Dare you by Popovajr

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 04:52 AM PST

    [No Spoilers] I finally did it!

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 12:49 PM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] I drew the Wolf Bros! I'm not the best artist but I wanted to thank the devs for this amazing game in some way!

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 12:27 PM PST

    [S2 E5] The evolution of Sean and Daniel

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 11:31 AM PST

    [S2 E5] That cynicism in low-morality endings is so Life is Strange. I love this game.

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 08:11 AM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] Have some creepy Dana to brighten your day

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 01:17 PM PST

    [S2 E5] [SPOILERS] The Girls Photo (Remake)

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 05:19 PM PST

    [S2 E5] Parallels

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 07:47 AM PST

    [S2 E5][All] My final thoughts on LiS2's shortcomings

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 09:23 AM PST

    First off, I'm not making this post to completely bash on Life is Strange 2 or any of the wonderful people that worked on it. That being said, I've been feeling like LiS2 was nowhere near on par with the other games and at first I couldn't put my finger on why exactly, but after over a year to reflect I've come up with a few key failings of the game.

    The first is the lack of music. The music in the other two games totally set the tone and helped a lot with immersion into the world of Arcadia Bay. I presume that the lack of music in LiS2 was a conscious decision to make us feel the loneliness of the open road and our seclusion from society but for me, it didn't feel like I was playing a Life is Strange game. The little cutscenes with music in the background and the camera panning around to show the scenery in LiS really helped you feel grounded in the world and was a nice way to set the pace, remind you to stop and smell the roses. In LiS2, they attempted to do this with Sean's drawings but it completely fell flat. Having to actively make the drawing and there not being strong, memorable music made it feel like more of a chore than a world builder or pace setter.

    Another was the fact that we barely got to know any of the side characters. What gives the other two games staying power and replayability is that there is so much to learn about the side characters. The more times you play, the more you get to know about Kate, Victoria, Taylor, Courtney, Brooke, Alyssa... well I'm not gonna name every character but you get my point. With each subsequent play through, you care more and more about the all the characters (not Warren) and it makes your decision at the end of the game that more impactful. Life is Strange 2 has none of this. It has none of the world building that's lead to hundreds of awesome fanfics and theories and art and just general continued interest. At its core, LiS2 was doomed to fail with the decision to make it a roadtrip with only Sean and Daniel.

    There are parts in the game that are very beautiful visually and some decent writing here and there but all the episodes other than the first and last just feel like filler. In the other games, each episode progresses the story in a good way and feels like it adds to and is a part of a whole cohesive story. Each episode of LiS2 feels like a disjointed misadventure of continuous sadness for mostly Sean.

    I'm not trying to be a hater, I didn't go into the game refusing to give it a chance just because it wasn't about Max and Chloe but overall, LiS2 feels like it has no soul. I didn't ever really get that spark that instantly made me want to continue playing Life is Strange from the very first episode and learn more about the LiS universe. I was never really invested into the characters at all until the last scene of the last episode. Honestly, I hope that we get more Life is Strange games in the future and of course I'd love another with Pricefield and Victoria and (surprisingly) David but I feel like Dontnod has it in them to make a great game with new characters, they just fell short with LiS2.

    submitted by /u/TheGingerBeardsman
    [link] [comments]

    [S1 E2] spoilers Max and Chloe drawing

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 04:46 AM PST

    [S2 E5] [Spoilers] The Wolf Brothers. Always.

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 05:21 AM PST

    [S2 E5] Oxenfree reference

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 05:56 AM PST

    [S2] Sean Diaz by Michelle Airlie

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 10:19 PM PST

    [ALL] Don’t test me! Drawn by me.

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 06:28 AM PST

    [BtS E2] Through Sera's eyes... It makes me feel so bad looking at this.

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 01:21 PM PST

    [ALL] I regret my final choice in Life is Strange 1 after playing Life is Strange 2 Epsiode 5.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 10:58 PM PST

    I chose to save the bay in the first game. It seemed like the most canonical ending, with the most care given to. However, after seeing both outcomes in this episode I much rather would have saved Chloe. It's incredibly fucked up that Joyce ends up dying, and a whole ass town. Although I cannot imagine the kind of personal grief of losing a husband and a child. It's almost certain you'll see a parent die. Having your child die is something else. Granted, losing both parents must be fucking awful for Chloe. But after seeing that picture of her and Max and how she keeps in contact with David, I would've rather saved her.

    submitted by /u/queerhorrorfilmsnob
    [link] [comments]

    [S2 E5] Favorite Ending

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 07:53 AM PST

    Pretty simple thread - what's your favorite ending and why?

    I'm tied between Blood Brothers because of how badass it is and Parting Ways w/the Finn romance because it seems like the happiest and most hopeful ending.

    What about you?

    submitted by /u/ScientiaStupeoIgnis
    [link] [comments]

    [S2 E5] Which Daniel did you guys get?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 10:02 PM PST

    [ALL] What could Life Is Strange 3 be (if there is one)?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 12:10 PM PST

    I played thorugh the last game in the past two days and something kinda clicked.
    I don't know if it was based on a real town in America, but Brody talking about the nudist town in Wyoming and telling that "various tragedies happened in the 60s" made me think this is a seed for what the next game may be. It would be really cool to see LiS in a different time, I think.
    So, what are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Naart904
    [link] [comments]

    [S2 E5] Confused about Survivors

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 11:39 AM PST

    David and Victoria.

    In the Bae ending, Max goes back and drags Chloe away from the Vortex party to tell her everything she's learned and suffered because of Jefferson, so she doesn't end up in the dark room.

    Does this mean that she/they send David to the bunker to save Victoria/catch Jefferson?

    in the timeline at the gallery, Max had tipped David off about the shenanigans, and presumably she does the same in the Bay ending. I can't remember how David gets to the bunker when he saves Max, and it took her rewind to not get him beat/killed in doing so.

    I didn't see the letter in my playthrough of Journey's End but I've seen it online and apparently it is in the same timeline as the Bae ending with the photo on the wall.

    Does anyone have the sequence of event in their head to help me make sense of it? as far as I remember we go from taking Chloe from the party right up to them both being on the beach with the storm en route to the lighthouse. everything inbetween is a mystery to me.

    submitted by /u/crimsonbub
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Create your own LIS plot...

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 12:50 PM PST

    If you could create a new LIS game, what would it be about? Explain the characters, powers, and the conflict

    submitted by /u/Mr_imaginos
    [link] [comments]

    [S2 E1] Some Alone time between brothers

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 02:35 PM PST

    [ALL] So i’m guessing cops in Seattle don’t have body/dash cams or that they’re just not good at investigating crime scenes and discovering causes of death when not so obvious, but are quick to jump to the nearest conclusion?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 10:42 AM PST

    How was it not discovered that the cause of the death of the officer who killed Esteban wasn't Sean's fault? The whole area looked like a tornado had hit. They really mishandled that situation. I mean no, they wouldn't have found out Daniel caused it with his power but they shouldn't have pinned it on Sean.

    submitted by /u/-sixaxis-
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Dedicated to all those who are about to start or have just started the journey (S2).

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 01:47 PM PST

    I wish you a good trip. I'm a little jealous because I wish I could start from scratch, without knowing anything.

    In doing so, I would like to give you a small suggestion: although initially it might seem that your choices do not matter, they will. Then, choose wisely :-)

    submitted by /u/AstronomerIT
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment