• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 16, 2020

    Life Is Strange | [No Spoilers] Made a cover for my fanfic (All the Scars You Cannot See)

    Life Is Strange | [No Spoilers] Made a cover for my fanfic (All the Scars You Cannot See)


    [No Spoilers] Made a cover for my fanfic (All the Scars You Cannot See)

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 04:01 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] With You by ArtKitt-Creations

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Smoke. - Fanart by Chaine-x.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Arcadia Baes by RottenPlant-Art

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] I've been rewatching all the games so I decided to paint this

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] KATE Karing. Amazing. Talented. Excellent.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 01:42 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] What Makes Before the Storm take up Twice as much Hard Drive Space as the Original?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    I don't know much about game hardware or anything, but the original has 2 more episodes than Before the Storm that are about the same length.

    submitted by /u/AWall925
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Recently rediscovered this masterpiece of a game and got this screenshot i thought i'd share, it's my new wallpaper for everything.

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] God, I love these games, finally got the Platinum trophy for all 3 games, I love them all and NEED Life is Strange 3

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Seven Minutes in Heaven by Blusthings

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 07:38 PM PDT

    [S2] Gonzalo Martin and his BAFTA Award.

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 08:45 PM PDT

    [S1] Introduced a friend to LIS and watched them play it

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 02:49 PM PDT

    They picked Sacrifice Arcadia Bay on their first run of the game. I am proud.

    submitted by /u/SnappySnoot
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Forgot that i added this song to my library while playing BTS/LIS and now all the feels have returned ������

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 08:44 PM PDT

    [ALL] [S1] What hurt the most about my ending choice

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    To me, this game elicits an almost indescribable feeling; a feeling that you're missing something in your life, you don't know what it is, but this game has it. It fills a void, especially those first three chapters. And by the end, when I realized all those great moments I had lived through were all for nothing, it hurt me a lot knowing none of it was real. Needless to say, that sense of longing remains present in my daily life, only I think it's more intense now because of this ending.

    Extended thoughts below.

    ————

    I finished the game yesterday for the first time and I have a few things to say.

    I chose the sacrifice Chloe ending. I don't believe it's fair to sacrifice one life and put at risk the lives hundreds or even thousands. Those moments when you walk around Arcadia's streets and see people holding their dead loved ones and staring at their destroyed houses... I just wouldn't be able to live knowing I could've prevented that.

    But anyways, in those final moments when you first see Chloe's coffin with that music... it was a powerful scene.

    But before that, I think there was an ever sadder scene.

    That montage when you get to see all the memories and interactions you've made along the way burn in the form of Max's films... that was the saddest part of it all, and not just because of Chloe. All the memories you made with Joyce, Kate, Warren... they're all gone, they were never real.

    After all she's been through, Max would just not be able to relive those moments again. How would she gather the strength to help Kate again? How could she face Joyce again after all that shit?

    I think there's something deeply saddening about knowing stuff like Warren and Max never really witnessing that Eclipse together.

    It's too sad and overwhelming to think about, so much that it makes me tear up.

    submitted by /u/Notveryrichman
    [link] [comments]

    [S1] Chaos Theory and Butterfly effect

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    So Warren tells us that because we used our powers to save Chloe the storm began. So in the alternate reality where Chloe is in wheelchair why is storm still happening? As Max did not use her powers there is no need for storm to happen in that reality. Any answers?

    submitted by /u/Bravevine
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Why LIS1 is objectively a better game than LIS2

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    So, I finished Life is Strange 2 yesterday, for the first time (I already played LiS1 and BtS a year ago). After all the controversy about this game (people loving it and hating it, and very few reasonable voices in the middle), I was reluctant to buy it. I simply didn't want to play it while already biased by the opinions I heard. But now I can boldly say I liked it, a lot. But still, to me it wasn't a blast like the first one. I believe it's a pretty nice game, but I wasn't able to ignore some big flaws it has. Flaws that LiS1 didn't have. IMO those flaws are also the reason LiS2 wasn't a commercial success (and not because "people don't want to play as a mexican boy" as someone claim).

    I often see here posts of the "unpopular opinion" sort, from people saying that they liked S2 more. I completely understand that. There's always a huge degree of subjectiveness in our perception of everything. Things resonate with us on a personal level, and each one of us reacts in different ways. But what I'm trying to say here is that from a purely formal point of view, S1 is objectively a better product than S2. We all have our media products (books, movies, TV shows, games) we love madly, but can agree are mediocre pieces of art.

    So, these are my 5 cents in the controversy. Ready? Let's go! (SPOILERS ahead)

    1) CHOICES

    Maybe the first thing a player notices in this game, is how even the immediate consequence of a choice is arbitrary, or even straight out counterintuitive. This is especially true with Daniel: his reactions seem completely random. Will something amuse him or piss him off? "You suck Sean!". Okay, it's just a snow ball, man! "But you stole before". Yeah, I stole camping gear we needed to survive, and stole it from a fucking redneck vigilante who kidnapped me and beat me up, this is not the same thing as stealing from a person who helped us and possibly saved our life. Even a 8 years old understands that.

    Other choices simply have no impact, like calling Lyla at the end of ep.1. IRL I would have never done that, since the police would have jumped at the motel ASAP. But playing through ep.1 made it already clear that the plot was following a strictly linear path and devs didn't prepare a specific cutscene with cops storming the motel. So I called her.

    The long term consequences in relation with the endings, on the other hand, are often praised as a good improvement. And I would agree if the endings you get weren't arbitrary too. I ended the game with high morality, and Daniel left me because "he doesn't wan't to hurt anybody ever again". Like, I forced you to spare the priest bitch exactly because of this, and now I'm suddenly the bad guy? And the endings aren't even consistent with each other. When Daniel leaves Sean, they manage to break through without killing anyone. When Daniel stays with Sean, he kills every human being on sight. So either way Daniel has the ability to break the border without killing anyone, but in one case he decides to surrender, in the other to go on a rampage. IMHO this morality system wasn't well built at all. I don't understand why being a good brother leads Daniel to leave me, while choosing a darker path leads him to stay. This is counterintuitive, again.

    Okay, S1 had some counterintuitive choices too (like warning/not warning Victoria), but overall the choice system is more polished and consistent. Like, it's pretty clear that not answering Kate's call will have bad consequences for her. It's not clear that murdering people will convince Daniel to stay with Sean.

    2) WRITING

    Okay, we can all agree here that this game has some writing issues. My favourite bad writing moment is the full heist part in ep.3. When you are stealing the car, breaking a car window will wake up Big Joe. But somehow turning on a damn truck and driving away won't. At the farm, being caught by the cameras will alert Merrill. You can avoid the cameras by ordering Daniel to destroy them. I imagine Merrill sitting in his room and watching the cameras going dark one after the other. No reason to be suspicious, right? But of course, you can't avoid him anyway. Because he's sitting on the opposite side of the fucking wall when you're opening the safe with Daniel's power. Explain me, how, HOW someone could imagine a plan like this and think it would work? HOW? I agreed to the heist because I thought Finn had an actual plan, not a suicide attempt. And of course, even if I had not agreed with the heist plan, Daniel would have done it anyway. Yeah, because forcing stupid decisions on the player happens a lot in this game. Like visiting the market in Beaver Creek, or trying to break through the customs instead of just making another hole in some safe spot of the wall.

    Alright, S1 plot was linear too, but the game doesn't force dumb actions on the player at least. Well, maybe sitting on the tracks was stupid, but that's not a defining moment of the story.

    3) GAMEPLAY

    After finishing S2, I realized that the most elaborated piece of gameplay I experienced was... cutting weed. Okay, this isn't probably a major flaw of the game, since S1 had a pretty lame gameplay too. But is yet another element that performed worse compared to its predecessor. S1 was a walking simulator with some pretty easy puzzles. Plus the rewind power expanded the dialogue options and the choice system. In S2, there are no puzzles at all and the power doesn't affect the dialogues. You actually never use it except for scripted moments. This made the game a lot less interesting in my eyes. Looking back at my playthrough, I realize that the only challenge I had in terms of gameplay was cutting weed, and this is sad.

    These three major points IMO are the reason Life is Strange 2 does not stand up to comparison with its predecessor. I think I brought some objective arguments here. There are other things that can be said. The soundtrack is good, but again not as good as in S1 or BtS. But to fully understand why S2 failed commercially, maybe we should think about what it did better, compared to S1. Graphics? Yeah, graphics, and that's all. And considering that people don't judge this kind of games basing on the graphics, we realize that the only bonus S2 had is actually barely relevant.

    Now some of you might think that I'm just another hater of this game, but I truly enjoyed it, despite the flaws I just described. I just disagree with those who claim that it was unjustly snubbed because of the mexican main character, because of the lack of lesbian stuff or whatever other reason. It's not the skin colour or the sexual orientation of the main character that made the first LiS the masterpiece it is. I think the reasons of S2 flop are to be searched in the game itself, not in the biases of the audience. This game is actually lucky that it came out under the Life is Strange brand, because without that it wouldn't have got half the attention it has.

    Thanks for reading through my TED talk, and sorry for my cluncky english.

    submitted by /u/CMNilo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment