• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 9, 2021

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] This incorrect quotes was MADE for them, change my mind

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] This incorrect quotes was MADE for them, change my mind


    [NO SPOILERS] This incorrect quotes was MADE for them, change my mind

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 05:27 AM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] I made a drawing of Chloe

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 01:17 PM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] Black Flies by Ben Howard cover

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 02:09 PM PST

    [ALL] The devs give you reign to choose 5 songs for the new Life is Strange game. Which do you choose?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 11:13 AM PST

    As the topic suggests. If you ever listened to a song that belonged in Life is Strange and would like to add it, what are the songs?

    submitted by /u/houseofembers
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] My first Life is Strange experience

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 07:15 AM PST

    This was back in December, since then I have replayed the first game, read the first three volumes of the comics, and completed both Before the Storm and LiS2.

    I (23M) have lived with my girlfriend for the past 3 years, before that I lived with my parents. My family, and my girlfriend's family, both live about an hour away. In December, two big things happened to affect my life temporarily in a big way. First, my work asked me to work night shifts. This would be the first time in my life that I had worked nights. The second was that my girlfriend, who had been looking for work, had found a job for the Christmas period. But this job would require her to move back in with her family.

    So, for the first time in my life, I was living alone. And working the night shift, so almost all of my nights were spent alone in the dark. Naturally, this had me feeling pretty low, and without someone to talk to I had almost nothing to do. So one evening (morning for me) I decided to try Life is Strange for the first time. This game had been on my radar since it first came out, but for whatever reason I had never tried it. This seemed like a good time, so I gave it a go, figuring I'd try it out for a few hours. Around twelve hours later, I had finished the whole game, and it was probably the best, most emotional experience I have ever had with a game.

    Max and Chloe might just be the two most relatable characters I have ever seen, it's between them and Joel and Clementine from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (my favourite film) for the most I've ever related to a pair of characters. I have gone through the experience of moving away from friends and losing touch multiple times in my life, from both sides. Firstly my family moved across the country when I was 9, to a town that felt very similar to Arcadia Bay, and I lost touch with all of those friends within a year or so. Then at 18 most of my friends moved away for university leaving me behind, then after they started to come back I moved away for work. I am still in touch with that group of friends but we aren't nearly as close as we used to be, and I haven't made any new friends where I live now. Lockdown hasn't helped of course. And so seeing the combination of Chloe's relief at seeing Max again, combined with the bitterness of feeling abandoned really hit me hard.

    Even moving beyond the experiences, Max and especially Chloe are exactly the kind of people I would be friends with. All of my friends are the kind of people who want to rebel against authority, who drive around in beat-up cars, who drink, who smoke weed, and perhaps most importantly we all dream about finding something better. Over everything else that was the part that hit me the hardest, the feeling that this life can't be all there is. I think we all have our own versions of LA, even if it isn't exactly a place. Max and Chloe were the friends I really needed right at the time I needed them most.

    My favourite scenes in the game were the quiet moments. All the scenes in Chloe's bedroom, just sitting on the bed and talking. I've really missed those nights this past year with Covid, since I haven't been able to visit my old friends. For the best moment I'm torn between the morning after the pool scene (I sat and listened to the entire song as we lay with Chloe on the bed, and for several minutes afterward) or the first time we see blue hair Chloe again after euthanising the alternate version. But the entire experience was special, I felt by the end that I had known these characters for as long as they had known each other. I don't think I have been more shocked by a character death than when Chloe was shot in episode 4, and the roller-coaster of getting her back only to lose her again was maybe even harder.

    With that said, yes, I chose to save Arcadia Bay. I put myself in Chloe's shoes, and I don't think I could live with myself knowing that I was only alive because of the deaths of almost everyone I knew. Especially my parents (one parent in her case but still). I know the feeling of wanting a better life, and knowing that she had to die alone having been abandoned by the three most important people in her life was heartbreaking, but I can't see that better life in her future after what she would have had to experience. I certainly wouldn't be able to live with that guilt.

    After finishing Life is Strange I played though Before the Storm about a month later (after my girlfriend was back home again), and I really liked it. Then I replayed the original, and honestly I was disappointed. I think my feelings towards it the first time were just so strong, from my situation at the time, to the fact that I played it in one sitting, that I could never recreate it (and in away I wouldn't want to). I can still remember the feeling though, and it's the playthrough I remember whenever I think about the game. Life is Strange 2, and possibly before the Storm, are better games. Especially LiS2, I thought it was incredible. But nothing will come close to the way that Max and Chloe's story made me feel that night.

    Oh, and one last thing, I saved Kate. Honestly I don't know if I could have carried on if I didn't. Seeing her again in episode 3 was perfect.

    submitted by /u/given_to_the_wind
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] hey guys, I'm currently uploading my playthough for Life Is Strange 2. I've loved this series! atm im editing down all the vids to put on YT for content, to grow my name and more so to offer great and various content for you all to enjoy. EP1 already up, I hope you all enjoy the 2nd!

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 08:04 AM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] What are you guys expecting from life is strange 3?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 08:58 AM PST

    NO SPOILERS] What are you guys expecting from life is strange 3?

    submitted by /u/sauron516
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Single-player Video Game Experience Survey

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 08:00 AM PST

    Hi r/lifeisstrange,

    My name is Thor Janson, and I'm a Cognition and Communication Master's student at the University of Copenhagen. I am currently working on a research project as part of my Master's thesis, and this involves conducting a survey that aims to investigate players' single-player video game experience. The moderators of this subreddit have kindly allowed me to post my questionnaire here, and I am very thankful for this. I would likewise be extremely thankful if you could take the time to fill out the questionnaire! It takes roughly 10 minutes to complete.

    I hope that as many of you as possible take part in this research, as I would like these results to be as meaningful and applicable as possible. This project is the culmination of my academic career, and I very much look forward to seeing your responses.

    Once the survey is closed and the data have been analyzed, I may post the results here if participants indicate that they are interested. I am also available to answer any questions or considerations you might have, so feel free to leave a comment, send me a message, or email me at mwk684@alumni.ku.dk. You are also welcome to recommend this survey to friends or share the link via social media.

    You can find the questionnaire here:

    https://www.survey-xact.dk/LinkCollector?key=R1JKQV6PSN91

    Kind regards,

    Thor Janson, University of Copenhagen

    FAQs:

    What are the requirements for participating in this research?

    Anybody who plays single-player video games is encouraged to participate!

    Is the questionnaire focused on a specific single-player game?

    No. The questionnaire will ask you to respond to a series of statements based on your experiences playing your favorite single-player game, which you will be asked to supply beforehand. As long as you play single-player video games, you are welcome to participate!

    Does the questionnaire require divulging any sensitive personal information?

    Apart from gender, ethnic background, and country of residence, the questionnaire does not ask participants to divulge any sensitive information. For the mentioned items, participants may decline to answer. The questionnaire does not ask participants to divulge any other personally identifying information.

    What type of questions are on the questionnaire?

    Apart from demographic questions, the questionnaire will ask you to respond to a series of statements based on your experience playing your favorite/preferred single-player video game.

    Will I get to see the results?

    Yes, once data analysis is complete, I may post the results back to this subreddit. If you are interested in seeing the results, please let me know via comment, private message, or email.

    submitted by /u/KU_ResearchStudent
    [link] [comments]

    [S1] Just a premonition?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 12:45 PM PST

    I'm not entirely sure if I just tell myself to feel better but I believe that the first time we see Chloe die, it is a premonition. In the opening, Max has her premonition of the storm, then "wakes up" or really, snaps out of it in class and no one even notices. She then proceeds with class and makes her way to the infamous bathroom to see Chloe shot but when she reaches out, she's back in class.. snapping out of it just like she did in her premonition of the storm. We know that Max is not affected by her rewind and always stays in place. Dontnod said it was just an unexplainable freak occurrence that first time but we know they never want to explain anything and keep us guessing. It makes more sense for the classroom and bathroom scene to be another "dream" like she had of the storm. When she snaps out of it, she breaks her camera, thus starting the use of her power, then using it to gain more information to get her desired outcome in conversations with people. She does not use her power to save Chloe in the bathroom though. We will probably never get any real answers but it does make me feel better to think that Chloe didn't actually die in the beginning, that she wasn't destined to die, and that perhaps it was that Max was destined to save Chloe and why she had the premonition.

    submitted by /u/ChloePrice4Life
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] How would you guys feel about simultaneous releases?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 10:36 AM PST

    Just a random thought I've had. Since Life is Strange games have been made by both DontNod and Deck Nine, how would you feel if both companies made new games at the same time, and alternated their episode releases? This could reduce the wait time between episodes, as instead of waiting two months for new content it would be only one month, with two months between chapters for each story.

    So, for example, the release schedule could be 3.1, 4.1, 3.2, 4.2, 3.3, 4.3, 3.4, 4.4, 3.5, 4.5

    Would you like this, as a way to reduce the waiting, or would it be too jarring to constantly switch between two sets of characters?

    Since I only got into Life is Strange recently I don't know how I would feel about waiting for a new release, the slowest I've taken it was with LiS2 where I only played one episode at a time and took around two weeks, the first two games I completed in a day or two.

    submitted by /u/given_to_the_wind
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] What part of Oregon is Life is Strange based on?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 08:50 PM PST

    I would like to visit some day and I'm hoping you guys could tell me.

    submitted by /u/ProfessorLongBrick
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Hannah Crimsen from Life Is Strange: Withdraw - Good character?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 12:37 AM PST

    "Good character" is a small rubric that's based around the community opinions about some of known OC's.

    The second OC in question will be Hannah Crimsen from LIS: W. - I have mixed thoughts about her. Pretty well-written but hella mediocre as a person. :|

    What are your thoughts about miss Crimsen?

    Based on your responses in the poll and more detailed in the comment last we can answer this question.

    Link to the fanfic - https://archiveofourown.org/works/27687554/chapters/67757840

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Terrible_Vermicelli3
    [link] [comments]

    [S1] Leaving it here for everyone to cry...

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 10:23 PM PST

    [ALL] Who are your favorite female characters?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 04:55 PM PST

    Mine are Chloe, Max and Steph.

    submitted by /u/Bowerrick
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Bought Life Is Strange 2 on Disc, but only episode 1 came with it?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 08:04 PM PST

    I noticed others have seen the issue and I hope there's been a solution, I bought LIS 2 on PS4 for like $20, when I popped it into my PS5 it would only play 1 for free saying I had to buy 2-5, I know 5 is behind a code (I bought pre owned so I would have to buy that episode anyway) but 2-4 should be included with the disc. Is there any solution or did I mess up?

    submitted by /u/16thStreetMall
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment