• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 29, 2021

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] Just realized I have a picrew of myself I made years ago that looked a bit like Brooke Scott.

    Life Is Strange | [NO SPOILERS] Just realized I have a picrew of myself I made years ago that looked a bit like Brooke Scott.


    [NO SPOILERS] Just realized I have a picrew of myself I made years ago that looked a bit like Brooke Scott.

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 07:00 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] “I believe in forgiveness and redemption” - our Chinammon Roll Kate Marsh

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 01:15 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Chloe portrait by すずしろ

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 09:15 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] From Arcadia Bay with love by Chris Evenhuis

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 01:25 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] I recreated the portrait from Victoria’s dorm room

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 12:07 AM PDT

    [ALL] The storm has nothing to do with Max (theory)

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 12:08 PM PDT

    First of all, I want to apologize if this theory has already been discussed/invented. I've seen snippets of this idea on reddit & tumblr, but not one as detailed as my little essay here, and I don't mean to steal anyone's thunder or ideas. Please let me know if you've seen anything similar, and link me!
    Secondly, I don't consider this theory canon by any means, and you don't have to either. Don't take it seriously & enjoy my ramble! :)

    Before I get this show on the road, beware there are major spoilers for LIS1 ahead, and minor spoilers for LIS2.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------

    So at the end of Episode 5, we have to make the choice that caused us all that distress in 2015; Bay or Bae. We are led to believe the storm is caused by saving Chloe's life. This does make sense. It's proven in LIS1 (if Chloe was sacrificed) that Arcadia Bay is still standing. However, I have a different theory as to what the cause of the storm may be.

    It is referenced, multiple times, that Arcadia Bay was colonized by the Prescotts) & founded on stolen land, and their corrupted legacy controls the town to this day. I know it's a tired trope that has been discussed before, but bear with me. The whole "land cursed by Native American ancestors" thing reads in a similar way to Silent Hill to me honestly (not the different worlds or even the same plot, but the area the story takes place in is cursed).

    I believe the storm is caused by the Prescott family and this all started back when the town was colonized in 1895. Now, we know Nathan is troubled, even with medications, nothing seems to be helping and that ends up eventually being his downfall. Nathan appears to be the only viable Prescott heir (his only sibling, Kristine, serving in the Peace Corps, seems to hold a contempt for their father & moved halfway across the world because of him, having no interest in the Prescott fortune or inheriting the family company, Pan Estates). Let's look at what happens to Nathan, and more relevant, the Prescotts depending on the LIS ending you chose:
    - Sacrifice Chloe: Nathan (again, the only viable Prescott heir) is sent to prison for the murder of Chloe Price (as well as being an accomplice in the Dark Room crimes, but Chloe's death is what gets him discovered for these). This is "taking something" pretty valuable from the Prescott lineage. Even if he serves his time & is released & able to inherit the company, the Prescott reputation is damaged at this point. The family still has money at this point, but their influence over the town may be lessened. Or, he may be on David's shitlist (see my next point).
    - Sacrifice Arcadia Bay: Nathan is dead. Other Prescotts are assumed to be dead. If they are alive, they aren't coming back to much. The town is completely destroyed, wildlife almost immediately begins to return to the land. One of the last things we see as Max & Chloe drive away to a new life is the Pan Estates HQ in ruins, the end of the Prescott influence & power.
    No matter which ending you choose, Nathan Prescott is screwed. Revenge enacted, debt settled.

    Let's see what happens in LIS2 to Chloe:
    - One big deciding factor for the LIS1 ending choice for a lot of people in 2015 was "if you choose to save Chloe, death will never stop following her anyways, so it's the safest and most logical choice." However, this is debunked when it's shown that Chloe has been alive for at least 4 years and has been marked safe by the October 2013 Arcadia Bay twilight-zone events.
    - If Chloe is dead, we overhear a conversation David has with Joyce, about Nathan Prescott's status. He appears to still be in prison with possibility of parole/release. David seems to be upset by this and may take matters into his own hands if this happens.

    The storm has nothing to with Max's powers or Chloe's life; it has to do with the Prescott family. They have a debt to pay and Chloe's death (in the Sacrifice Chloe ending) is simply a casualty in the matter, a means to an end. The endgame is revenge on the Prescotts. This is supported by the fact that Chloe is alive well after you save her in 2013, and Nathan is royally fucked no matter what you do.

    What about Max's powers and her connection to the storm? Some possibilities....
    Since the devs confirmed that the Doe spirit is a part of Rachel guiding them, the powers could have been bestowed by Rachel, to allow Max and Chloe together to find what happened to her. The doe disappears when her body is found, and she is able to rest.
    Or, (what I think matches this theory best) some god/entity/higher power (perhaps the same one that is enacting the Prescott demise) could have given Max the power, to allow her to spend a little more time with her friend/soulmate before she became a casualty. After all, it's not Max's fault that her best friend/soulmate had to die for them to get their way. When Max refuses to let Chloe go, this entity takes matters into its own metaphorical hands, says "ok fine, I'll do it myself" and wrecks the Prescotts shit up.
    No matter which ending you chose, Max still used her power and fucked with time. She still erased a week of events that happened to go back to the moment where Chloe was killed. And it's assumed that Max uses her knowledge of those events to change things from that point out (supporting Kate so she doesn't attempt suicide, supporting David & Joyce because Chloe died, befriending Victoria, snitching on Jefferson if Nathan doesn't, being a witness to Chloe's murder, among other minor things. I mean Max wouldn't have acted the same exact way as if she never got superpowers, she has some foresight to change this week's events no matter what). So if Max's power really caused the storm, wouldn't the "original" timeline's Arcadia Bay get blitzed, have double moons and dead whales, anyways? And if using superpowers means causing huge natural disasters, how come Daniel in LIS2 keeps his with no natural disorders or consequences?

    If you read this far, let me know what you think! Thanks for reading!

    submitted by /u/arizonaicedgreentea
    [link] [comments]

    [S1] Life is Strange Max Self Sacrifice - Fanmade Ending (Audio Only)

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 05:49 AM PDT

    [ALL] What was your favourite LIS 2 Episode?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 12:40 PM PDT

    Really wanna know what yall think.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Whiskers_Fnaw
    [link] [comments]

    [ALL] Have no fear, Finn is here

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 07:46 AM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] i slowed and reverbed another LIS 2 song for u guys

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 01:02 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] Looks like Max herself loved the little Pricefield plot of land l made :)

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 11:40 AM PDT

    [ALL] What do you guys think?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 12:03 PM PDT

    I just finished LiS 2. I really enjoyed the game... can't lie the first two episodes for me were dry but that's because I was on a Chloe and Max high. It felt good to explore new characters but now I'm just kinda questioning lost of things. It really depends on the ending you get for LiS 2 but im questioning things like... "What if Max and Chloe come back to Away and David talks about Daniel's power? or if you get the ending where Daniel is in away with his mother do they meet eachother?" There's so many possibilities to explore like... but I cant even put them into words lol.

    Also, who else do you think survived the storm? I'd like to imagine Mike and Drew made it out because of Drew's scholarship. Maybe he did and I missed stuff.

    But yeh, all the LiS games have been amazing so far. When I finished each game I watched Jacksepticeye play through because none of my steam friends have played them and I can't compare my choices with anyone else directly :(. But it seems as though he kinda like jumps from saying how good the game is to then, at the end, saying he didn't like them. Bit weird I suppose but I enjoyed watching his choices nonetheless.

    P.S if anyone wants to add my steam and have someone to compare stuff with my name is ElJefeMatt (picture is Ash from Ash vs Evil Dead)... would be cool to compare with people :)

    submitted by /u/TheAverageMatt
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] kind of an unpopular opinion

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    Max's ability to stop/rewind/travel in time isn't really that cool since it's all scripted and doesn't really give you feeling. Idk like if they would give you more freewill and freedom in using the power or add some creative puzzles that require rewinding time that would have been much cooler.

    submitted by /u/Amiroo80
    [link] [comments]

    [All] tell me your opinions on all 3 games :)

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 01:35 PM PDT

    That time when I'm bored again so I've come to my favourite community

    submitted by /u/HOM51
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] Pricefield: Animal Crossing edition

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 01:31 PM PDT

    [NO SPOILERS] a True Colors fanart I did (@VitorusArt on Twitter)

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 04:16 PM PDT

    [ALL] LIS comic cover appreciation: Electric Boogaloo

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 03:13 PM PDT

    [S1] Max's new superpower: phasing through solid objects! Didn't work on the train tho, I think she needs to train more

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 03:20 PM PDT

    [ALL] is it just me or does this really annoy me lol, look at her nostrils hehe they are bigger than usual

    Posted: 29 Apr 2021 04:16 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment